Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:57:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: what do you like most so far in the AL ep?
apartments - 66 (43.7%)
witches - 45 (29.8%)
new clothes - 3 (2%)
new hair - 1 (0.7%)
new objects - 16 (10.6%)
new familys - 3 (2%)
new lots - 2 (1.3%)
new neighbourhood - 4 (2.6%)
other... please specify - 11 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: whats your fave part of AL so far?  (Read 27020 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 04:11:34 am »

Quote from: Tomkat;1373413
I dont really like apartments. It seems a novel idea and all, but its just too much lagging and annoyance with building disabled.

Lagging: Yeah I get the blacking out of unused apts and that it supposedly frees up memory. But when you visit a neighbour their place becomes playable. Even after you leave it stays there. So say you visit 2-3 neighbours, all their apartments will STAY visible, and lag even more than a regular house. Thats my experience anyway.

The neighbours apartment furnishings etc. should vanish as soon as you leave the apartment. At least that's what happens on my game. So even with my pensioner computer, you can run an apartment with up to eight/ten sim household no problem most of the time purely because the apartments of the neighbours do vanish when you leave them. Maybe you have a Hack/Mod, CC conflict or something. I'd try moving out the family and moving back in. The apartments are buggy, really buggy, in my game, so far.

Most fav things about AL:  The ability to have more than one family you've been playing on one lot. That way even when you're not playing the other families, you're still using them. And the new social interactions.

Most annoying things: The stupid landlord. It's the landlord who lags up the game. Everytime he/she shows up, the game lags until he/she goes away again. And most of the time the landlord being on the premises is pointless. The pizza thing is ridiculous. And is it just my game, or everytime you walk into somebody else's apartment, are they all standing about near the door like pod people? Very sinister. Smiley
hume6773

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:45 am »

they do that in my game to stay near the door anyway i vote for witches play them and see them almost all the time in my game but like the new stuff too
Drawboom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 06:02:49 pm »

Quote from: TtheK;1362245
It's the little touches like that or the upskirt cam (er, I mean the 45 degree up angle build cam) that make the game interesting. ... Smiley

LMAO! I haven't played an apartment yet nor discovered all the items so I can't really vote for "fave part" yet. Just had to post my laugh-out-loud. Too funny. Oh! But ceilings were a very pleasant surprise for me. Now all we need is more textures. "Play on playground" is excellent. And I also like "classic dance" because Sims can now slow dance autonomously. At least, I'd never seen them do that before.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:10:01 pm by Drawboom » Logged
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 09:20:49 pm »

I love the helicopter although it's a bummer when you have a lot you like that doesn't have room to put the helicopter on it.  But the helicopter is the main thing that is keeping me from uninstalling it because of other things that annoy me.
Truet318

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 02:09:44 am »

I love the new apartments, I love how you can have several playable households on one lot and have them interact with each other.  The ordinary lots seem so lonely now...

I love the new playground equipment and the playgrounds that come with a lot of the lots. Some of the playground equipment builds body skills which I think is a lot more realistic.

I love the ability to walk to school or work. Again it's much more realistic (don't have big yellow school buses where I live).

I didn't buy AL for the witches and one of the things I don't love about is how they behave on OFB lots.  I have had up to five witches at a time on a sim owned lot and the spellcasting really annoying especially the cockroach spell the evil witches cast.  On ordinary community lots your sims aren't there long enough for them to be a problem and they are not there the next your sim visits but on owned lots your sim really has to deal with them otherwise they are still there on the next visit to the lot and you can't call the exterminator to a OFB lot.

I don't think EA really thought through the impact that AL would have on features of other EPs.

But in spite of that I still love the expansion.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:16 pm »

Feeling superior to all the people who are having trouble with it because I haven't bought it yet.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Synerje

Crazy Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 08:27:51 am »

Witches Tongue
And the playground items, and the new interactions and also the cute cuddling in bed Tongue
Oh yea and the ceilings too of course, took EA a while to figure out that buildings need ceilings...
cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 12:59:48 pm »

I voted apartments, because I'm not the most social person, and I guess that influences how I play the game.  Apartments make it sooo much easier to get a few friends; a landlord, your neighbors, your roommate...

~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 05:34:26 pm »

I voted other, because I love the new interactions that came with AL, especially the cuddle interaction between adults and also the huggle interaction between toddlers Smiley
TheLibrarySim

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 09:37:08 am »

New interactions, the two new kisses (Dance and Suck Face), and witches. Love them witches!
Haven't made an apartment. Don't really want to.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 01:13:10 am »

I like the new interactions, but my favorite is the ceilings. I never wanted the custom ones especially with a controller, but using the one in AL is wonderful. My rooms look fantastic and the camera was a real plus.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 10:30:52 pm »

I love the new interactions like when they spin their children in the air or when they jump rope.
I also love the new playground things that came along with it!:D

tin ribby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 03:41:27 pm »

mine has to be 45 degree angle cam and the measuring tool as i used to have problems making symetrical buildings and square rooms

formerly dolding35
Dragonnn11

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 07:48:14 pm »

Huh thats a hard one cause i like alot of the features, but i have to say the apartments, the clothes, the items, and the witches, i could care less about the hair, cause i don't generally use maxis hair unless its necessary
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 04:01:47 pm »

The interactions!  Grin
I love making my self-sim play Peek-a-boo with her new toddler, it's so adorable.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: