Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:30:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: whats your otlook on the sims 3  (Voting closed: February 01, 2009, 08:20:10 pm)
pessimistic - 46 (21%)
hopeful - 50 (22.8%)
cant wait - 75 (34.2%)
wont buy it full stop - 18 (8.2%)
cant decide - 30 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 139

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: why is everyone so pessimistic about the sims 3?  (Read 25217 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 01:48:27 pm »

Been away for a long time, but stopped by to see what everyone's been up to here, and saw this.

I am not that excited about the upcoming game; for a few reasons. Maybe others have thought about some of them as well.

The Securom issue is a BIG one!  I was one of those who battled the Mods in the "now you see it now you don't" Securom area of the BBS.  We were told we were not having problems, that we were just wanting to get attention. Now being an actual customer of EA/Maxis products for many years this was totally uncool in my book.  That area should have been resolved. EA/Maxis would not have been in the middle of so many lawsuits if they had just listened to us when we asked.
There is Securom in this new game. The letter the company wrote me told me personally that Securom is what they are using from now on.  That bites.

Another area is a big worry.  I saw the specs for the new game, and know that my computer won't be able to handle it.
In Sims 1 the files were small for each of the items you could download-custom content- and so not a real problem for my computer. And you still had the ability to play a good game.
In Sims 2 the files were bigger. Eyeshadow, glasses, clothing, most of it is at least 1 mb. Houses or sims are usually at least a couple mb, then you have the meshes that go with your chosen hair and outfit. Takes up lots of room on the computer.
My question is that with all this new, even More detailed stuff in sims 3, how much More room is that going to take up on our computers? Most computers are tetering on the brink of destruction as it is; especially after the securom junk attacked us! Will this Sims 3 make the pcs crash and burn?Huh? Also, I have two computers here. Will I have to again buy two games so my kiddo here can play too? (more money in their pockets)

After EA/Maxis showed such little concern for those of us with problems, after they added a "Sims Store" rather than giving us those downloads for free any longer, after all the quirky games they barely tested that were always filled with stuff that needed to be patched; I doubt they are worth it any longer.  They don't care about us, just our pocketbooks, and to bleed us dry there. And when we complain about our problems with it, it's easier to just call us pirates than to actually fix what the problem was in the first place. 
They think their items are so wonderful that we will run out and just go grab up yet another EP, like the sheep they think we are.

Sorry, but I'm happy (well, semi-happy) with my game I have. If I get bored with it I can always pull out Sims 1 that I already have, and play that. I may look but I think that's as far as I go. I've given EA/Maxis enough of my money for securom.

Ah well, that's just my opinion, which everyone is entitled to. Not everyone had problems with the game, and I'm jealous of them! They go blissfully along, having a great time! I was not so lucky. Securom hated my pc, and my daughter's as well!

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2009, 04:50:09 am »

pessimistic, the move from sims1 to sims2 was fantastic, i realy enjoyed the game and still do, but then came securom and all the proposed dmr for sims3, nah enough is enough no more software from ea games or anything with sony involved, my pc cost me far to much to allow ea games to destroy it with their half baked dmr.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: