Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:20:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: whats your otlook on the sims 3  (Voting closed: February 01, 2009, 08:20:10 pm)
pessimistic - 46 (21%)
hopeful - 50 (22.8%)
cant wait - 75 (34.2%)
wont buy it full stop - 18 (8.2%)
cant decide - 30 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 139

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: why is everyone so pessimistic about the sims 3?  (Read 24975 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:41:35 pm »

ive been looking through this part of the forum and cant help but notice that so many people are not exactly happy with the idea of the sims 3 coming out and i was woundering why as no one really can tell what the game is going to be like until they have actually played it everyone seems to be going on how it looks when i would of thought the game play would be more important
i mean i can understand why so aspects of the game seem a bit peculiar (i mean im a picky control freak so the idea that i cant control my sims all the time terrifys me) but i dont really see at the moment what is so bad about the game?
any comments, thoughts, ideas? good or bad?

Tell me if I'm going crazy
But everything you said amazed me
It seems too easy on the ear to
Be something I should adhere to
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:27:25 pm »

hello

here is my comment i am hopeful that the sims3 game will bring new challanges to the game.

Thank you

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 09:34:07 pm »

i hope the game will bring new challeges to as thats why i play the sims 2 and why i will buy the sims3 i guess only time will tell how good (or bad) the game is

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:46 pm »

Quote from: bdhfsbp2.3;1360463
i hope the game will bring new challeges to as thats why i play the sims 2 and why i will buy the sims3 i guess only time will tell how good (or bad) the game is

Hello

If i find anything new i will post in your thread and when i buy the Game the first thing i am going to do is check if i can create random sims in the sims 3 and see if its possible to upload.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 10:22:32 pm »

great news as i really enjoyed the familys you created and i am useless at finding out new info on the sims 3 so that will be very useful
only problem i will have is i only own a laptop which can just about handle the sims 2 and some download content(very good laptop) but i dont think it will be as good as to handle both games so i think im gonna have to start saving
thanks very much :worship::worship:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:27:03 pm by bdhfsbp2.3 » Logged

Enayla

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 06:19:03 am »

I’m… cautious. I’m going to wait and see how easy it’ll be to make new skins and retextures before I buy it. I’m liking the idea of the open city and everything I’ve heard about the gameplay, but I’m not too keen on the graphics and if it’s too much of a hassle to make skins, then it’s a no-no for me.

[INDENT]www.furiae.com[/INDENT]
clc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:20 am »

i think i am mostly looking forward to the sims 3 as long as i can still build and the gameplay is good then i will def buy it im liking the personality traits they have added and i love the idea of being able to go around the neighbourhood with out loading times other than that i am hopeful that it will be a good game (and i will prob still play the sims 2 anyway)
Hooligan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:28:39 am »

Honestly?  I am really, really apprehensive.  I don't think I'm going to get it, guys.  Primarily due to what happened to my Sims game when I got Sims 2; i.e., it has gone untouched for the last nearly six years (or however long TS2 has been out).  And I don't miss it at all.  Which makes me worry that I would want to leave my current game behind and not look back.  I guess what I'm worried about is that I will get attached to TS3 and never play my neighborhoods again, and I don't think I could bear that.

The Sims 2: We're Not for Everyone, But Then 'Everyone' is a Pretty Unrealistic Demographic
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:52:37 am »

I sure understand that. I go out to my original Sims, but it just isn't the same. I'm bored to distraction within minutes. So far, I've not reached that point with Sims 2. I've recently gotten AL and will install it after the dust settles from the mods. Guess I'll defer the decision until the game comes out and then see what the reviews are.
momoflittlealis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:26 am »

I played Sims and Sims2 with Maxis only stuff up until about a month ago so I may be a bad one to ask but I can't wait for Sims3. I don't have the amount of CC that most everyone else seems to so I guess other than several generations from my original families, I am not going to miss much. I look forward to seeing gameplay for Sims3. I worry how it will be having my Sims do things with out my direction though.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:33:46 am »

*Some* of my biggest issues are the look of the sims themselves (doughy is the only way I can describe it) and the fact that all sims will age regardless of the fact that you are not playing them (if that makes no sense I need coffee).

Right now I'm still thoroughly enjoying my Sims2 game so the urge to move over to something new just isn't there. I say it's new because from what I can see all my sims won't be able to be used.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Reyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 05:00:24 pm »

Sims 3 looks promising - I'm not too worried about the skintones and such, because I'd expect those will be customizeable, even if meshing isn't viable.

My concern is in meshing - will we be able to change meshes, and if so, how hard will it be - they make a lot of noise about modding textures, so I expect those will be easy enough to replace.

Also, concerned about building - I rarely actualy -play- the sims, I build.  This is likely going to change with FT and AL being out, but unless they have magic or crafting type stuff out of the box, or gardening, fishing and seasons....

I'm just worried because of the whole lack of info, and the fact they seem to lack QA at any level.

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:42:42 am »

Here's from someone who used to be hopeful:

I may be interested in its development, but I don't want it for the pure fact that I'd be supporting EA's bad reputation with customer service once again, not to mention how frustrating the company as a whole can be.  When people first cried out about having problems with the change in anti-piracy protection that messed around with stuff it shouldn't have on their machines, EA pretty much blew them off for a while, because they had no idea what to do about it.  And a good amount of everyone else who didn't have problems with it claimed those with problems were nothing but software pirates.  Even with the fix that they put out for removing said "anti-piracy" protection, playing the game was useless for those who did not want it back on their computers... unless they used "illegal" means to bypass having the game CD/DVD running and re-installing the program.  It's annoying when it seems like they try to have you run around in circles with certain issues... the same "cut and paste" response whenever you run across something that's easily fixable without the desperation of re-installation... I say "meh" to them.  :roll:

Not only that, I have a difficult time believing in what's in store for Sims 3 will even stay in the game.  With sims 2, if you look at all the previews and such (which a lot weren't in-game footage, but certainly made you think it was what you were getting at first) there was so much hype about what it would be like, and how cool it was that sims could do all of those actions... toddlers running on counters and beating people upside the head with toy bats, kids swinging around on ceiling fans, sims actually sitting down while holding babies... a lot of that "fake" stuff never really came around, and I'm pretty sure people were looking for them hard, too.  Don't get me wrong, Sims 2 is still fun... but those little extra joys would've sealed the deal for a lot of people.  Kinda makes one feel cheated.  :?

Anyways, the last thing that's keeping me steered away from it has pretty much been mentioned... that being the amount of "outside" custom content creation, like meshing and using custom-made genetics.  I know with the sliders in game to change various parts of the sims, it may be difficult in seeing any custom made meshes around at first... at least until someone finds a way to break that barrier.  Hopefully there will be a way for those who may want to have more than just what EA gives them.  The whole reason Sims and Sims 2 are successes is because of how easily "manipulative" the games are... the game has a bit of charm vanilla, but pretty much after a few months (that is, without any new EPs/SPs that might rekindle their simming passion) it gets a little boring at times.  But when one finds the mother lode online, it keeps them playing for longer than expected.  Personally, I wouldn't have thought I'd be so hooked on sims for so long... it'll be three years next month that I would've had Sims 2, and already within 8 years of having the original Sims.  I guess it's the pure feelings of control and personalization you get that once you find out more about customizing your game.  And with the constant contributions from the community, no wonder a lot of people have stuck around for as long as they have.  Wink  If Sims 3 limits those aspects, I can see why a lot of people may or may not find themselves playing for long, if at all.  :dontknow:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:45:12 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 10:02:17 am »

I voted 'pessimistic'..but am more just not excited about it.

One of the main reasons I am cautious is due to the ability of custom content, or rather the lack of ability to make CC in TS3. If thats true, well I am not interested in it much.

Otherwise..the game does not look improved in gameplay where I, personally, would like it to be. So its more my personal preference then anything else Smiley

Or maybe I'm just grouchy Tongue

Dan Fixx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 02:45:33 am »

First : I don't want to lose the wonderful Sims universe I've got right now. With all my beloved characters and families with their awesome custom contend. (My thoughts are exactly the same as JOOwish & Tenshii)
I've got no desire to keep two sims games going.
Second : I always thought that the real future challenge & evolution for the sims would be on line playing.
So, for now I say NO.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:16:03 am by Dan Fixx » Logged

Hi, I'm Dan.
No, I don't color between the lines.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: