Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:03:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: whats your otlook on the sims 3  (Voting closed: February 01, 2009, 08:20:10 pm)
pessimistic - 46 (21%)
hopeful - 50 (22.8%)
cant wait - 75 (34.2%)
wont buy it full stop - 18 (8.2%)
cant decide - 30 (13.7%)
Total Voters: 139

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: why is everyone so pessimistic about the sims 3?  (Read 24971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mneme

Hum...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »

I'm pretty pessimistic..I'd rather not have anything to do with securom, so unless they sell it on steam like they are doing with Spore now I won't even consider it. (and even downloading from Steam doesn't guarantee that there would be no securom...Afaik, some other companies have released stuff on Steam with securom/drm/whatever in it...)
clarice

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 08:14:15 pm »

i think most people are apprehensive and pessimistic because they are going by screenshots and whatnot, and they also aren't sure what to make of the seemless neighborhood and side-by-side age process. Personally, i'm going to buy it. i've been looking forward to this kind of gameplay for forever!

Also, on Securom... it was included in TS2 stuff packs, but i heard that they might take it out of TS3 because they are taking it out of Spore already...

clarice.
testeure

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 10:02:40 am »

hello,

Can someone explain to me why securom is hated so much? thank you Wink
fleurdelys

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 01:58:50 pm »

http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=13

Answers your question and so much more!
suanni

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »

huh Not rushing to pre-order TS3. Did with TS2 cos it was a massive improvement on TS1 or rather so it looked with the pre release videos/pics.
I don't like the look of the new sims, although the sims in TS2 ain't perfect, they look [at the mo] better than the new sims. Like the idea of a seamless neighbourhood. Like the idea of sims aging whilst you're playing others.
There's too many issues, securom, ingame advertising etc that makes me think no, ain't buying. Plus what's shown in the pre release vids/pics isn't always what you get in game. The more I read the more I'm thinking I'm not buying it. Plus like many others I've not played TS2 enough, have on going storylines etc.
jessijohan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 02:01:20 am »

*Some* of my biggest issues are the look of the sims themselves (doughy is the only way I can describe it) and the fact that all sims will age regardless of the fact that you are not playing them

My sentiments exactly.  Something about their faces, especially their chins is really annoying.  Doughy is a great analogy because their faces look a little fat and unrealistic.  Everything else in the Sims 3 has made great strides to be realistic, but the sims themselves look cartoonish compared to sims 1 and 2.  They all look like they are related too.

The Securom and DRM along with EA spying on the things we do isn't kosher either.  I want the game to build houses and see the new world graphics, but I don't want people spying on me. I don't know if I'll get the game now. 

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:00:49 am by jessijohan » Logged
batvampsim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2009, 03:28:25 am »

rats, rats, rats... things do change by the time a title is released, but my hopes for sims3 is fading fast. I knew it would be a while before I could move up to that game, but now I feel like settling back into my comfortable old sims 2, where Wonder and Havoc reign supreme. many things listed in the Parsimonious preview are downright distressing to me, personally. [ no custom or Enayla level skins?? wtf ] so, I'll just wait, and see what the truly talented people are even able to develop [if anything] for 3. I have 2 main worlds, Halloween Horror World, with everything from benign pumpkin patch people to Hell itself, and Christmas World, from Santa's Workshop and village to the Gates of Heaven. a little hard to put all that into only one neighborhood, I think.  it seems like it's always been the reaction of the gaming world to try to make "the sims" into everything possible, and the reaction of ea-xis to try to thwart that same creativity that made it such a world wide success. Good luck, to all of you that try to fix it and improve it, and I mean that. maybe it will actually get better, and I can see incredible haunted houses rise out of wonderful sims3 swamps. [ but it don't look too likely from here ] [more rats]

Old enough to know better, old enough not to care
:snorting:
I admit it, I am a sim piggie
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2009, 03:53:34 am »

*Some* of my biggest issues are the look of the sims themselves (doughy is the only way I can describe it) and the fact that all sims will age regardless of the fact that you are not playing them

My sentiments exactly.  Something about their faces, especially their chins is really annoying.  Doughy is a great analogy because their faces look a little fat and unrealistic.  Everything else in the Sims 3 has made great strides to be realistic, but the sims themselves look cartoonish compared to sims 1 and 2.  They all look like they are related too.

Cartoonish was the exact word that came to mind when I saw their faces as well.  tongue

[ no custom or Enayla level skins?? wtf ] so, I'll just wait, and see what the truly talented people are even able to develop [if anything] for 3.

That's my plan, as well. I might get the game and try it...I'm not sure I'll be able to look past the cartoonish faces, and the skintones and eyes...Ugh! I know I'm going to miss Enayla's beautiful skins and eyes! I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the game without those...and the Insimenator, of course. Haha.

I'm hoping that creators find ways to make the kind of amazing CC we have now in TS2 available in TS3. I mean, I'm pretty optimistic about it. We've come a long way since TS2 first came out...I'm hoping the same happens with TS3. There are a lot of very talented people in the Sims community, and I believe that in time, if there is enough interest, people will find a way to make it happen. Of course, I don't know much about making CC...so I could be wrong.  tongue

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2009, 09:17:51 am »

Theres even some elements of sims 1 I prefer , The sims 3 doesnt look like they bothered too hard with those sims. I really want it just to see how this seamless neighbourhood works and some of the new features, then it will eb shelved gathering dust until ethier a super duper expansion comes out or talented creators can find a away ovf vastly improving those doughy sims.
PANDAQUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 01:30:55 pm »

I'm a little pessimistic. Mainly because I won't buy the game until an insimenator mod for the third game comes out.

Then again, when I heard the release date was pushed to June 2, I was mad...

Note to self: Always use DEST edition of Insim...

Don't talk to any toy you don't know!
 -Mrs. Potato Head, Toy Story 2
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 04:50:54 pm »

Then you'll be in for a long wait indeed. The insimenator mod is no longer being developed. In fact I distinctly remember telling you that in this thread here. So, I'm curious, even after knowing it's not going to be done, why do you still insist on waiting for it? Not going to happen. There's a better chance that Simblender (which pretty much does what the Insimenator does and is constantly being developed) will be updated for it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »

Let me just yell something really quick before I give my opinion on TS3? -ahem- JUNE 2?! WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS COMING OUT FEB 20! sorry Wink okay I must have missed something because I had no idea they pushed the release date does anyone know why? I am pretty upset now. . . I was really looking forward to getting TS3 for my birthday next month Sad so anyway here's my view I am very pessimistic about the game because like others have stated I more than likely will not be able to stand the game without the aid of CC and the default sims look very dissapointing in my opinion very unrealistic and cartoonish but maybe EA has noticed this and there trying to improve them but I doubt it rolleyes and also I really don't think my computer will be able to handle TS3 and there is NO WAY in hell I am going to uninstall all my TS2 games and downloads and whatnot and risk messing up on my backup and lose all my games and families just to SEE if maybe without all that available space my computer can run the game NAH UH tongue but I have to admit I am really excited about the seamless neighborhood and the aging process BUT if for some reason those idiots at EA make the game where no CC can be made for the game, well I'm sorry Maxis but you my friends will be loosing alot of money I thank you
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:41:01 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2009, 12:08:24 am »

I'm frankly very pessimistic about it; from the delay that they announced to the screen shots and the hoohaw from EA, I do not see anything to get excited about.
One seamless neighborhood-as Pescado has said himself, it is going to lag badly on most computers. The number of character files will grow expotentially with families growing up without any input from the player-I'd rather play it myself, thank you.
The specs for the game are for high-end computers. Not everyone has the money to shell out for the RAM needed or the video cards required if they don't have them already installed.
Securom will be present as well. As a mod of Prism, I'm aware of the stealthiness of that program and we're having a debate on whether or not the newest version of Securom will be put into the game. We have no idea and don't even know how bad this one is. It's still in Beta Test. We're hoping against hope that it will not be in the Sims 3, or else we're going to be working very hard in the future to help others out getting it out of their computers.
The lack of modding tools will be a hindrance, and one that I don't even believe most modders will bother to develop if there is not enough interest in them.
EA has a history of releasing buggy, crappy work. I don't think they're going to break the mold now. They're just looking forward to ending this franchise on their version of a high note-for the rest of us, I fear it will be a major disappointment and let down.
I, for one, will not waste time or money buying it in the future. It sounds like SimsSocieties redux and because EA is laying off their quality assurance people I don't think it is going to be a great improvement from Spore-and in fact it will be a complete repeat of it in customer review and satisfaction.
Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 12:13:46 am by MaryH » Logged

Kaythrin

..falling is easy it's getting back up that become

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 05:04:53 am »

I totally agree, the sims 3 looks cartoonish, like clay ppl. although they are adding alot of new cool features i still don't want it. the sims 2 graphics look better, i mean even in the sims 2 screenshots they looked better then thesims3. well i am just not too excited either cuz i love my sims2 games and wouldnt want to start over, wats the point in changing something that doesnt need to be changed? EA just wants more money, before u know it there will be a sims 4, then 5, 6 and so on...lol rock on sims  :p2!!
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:05 am »

I think they could have done with improving the sims 2 more and releasing a few more expansions before releasing this nonsense, If it comes that no cc is allowed whatsoever then it will make a fastrack back into my local game shop to be traded in. Im not happy at all with those default sims.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: