Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:51:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy mode problem?  (Read 4454 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
marilynj72

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 09:46:02 pm »

I was playing the game and moved my sim into an apartment. I wanted to buy some different stuff for them like a telescope for instance and it won't allow me to place it on the lot?
Am I doing something wrong?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:55:15 pm »

You can only place items inside your apartment or an enclosed patio/deck.
marilynj72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 12:28:37 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1360488
You can only place items inside your apartment or an enclosed patio/deck.

I know this, but it won't let me place things in my home either, not just the telescope but other items, too.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:13:52 pm »

You've no way to place an object in your home ? Is it a closed apartment ?
pinkgirl86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:57:49 am »

I have a question about the ceilings tool in apt. life I have not seen this posted anywhere else I wanted to know if you where supposed to be able to see the ceilings in live mod b/c I can only see mine when I toggle the 45 degree angle button or is there something that I'm not doing that's what I was really looking forward to was ceilings. Thanks so much.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:59:43 am »

In Live Mode, if you move your camera around, to include so it's showing you every thing from a low level, you can see the ceilings.  Of course you have to have the toggle set to show them.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:03:38 am »

Marilyn, is this an apartment that you built or one that came with Belladonna Cove?  I've had no problem with any of the provided apartments.

If you made your own apartment, and used the room dividing strips that came with Pets, that's your problem.  They are considered walls for some things, to include determining the size of the apartment.  Make a break in their placement so as not to completely inclose any part of the apartment, and you should be able to make full use of it.
pinkgirl86

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

ancienthighway
do you mean adjust the wall heights to see the ceilings. thanks
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:29 am »

No, the Pets EP had floor strips cataloged in fences.  They were designed to add a divider between different flooring.  They can be walked over, but are in effect walls when it comes to the environment.  Having these surround the kitchen or dining area in a open floor plan will contain the stink of dirty dishes.

Because of the nature of these floor strips, they also act as boundaries for determining the size of the apartment.  Put your front door in and use this to define the entryway/foyer, and you've just limited the size of the apartment to the squares right next to the entry.
marilynj72

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:38:13 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1363718
Marilyn, is this an apartment that you built or one that came with Belladonna Cove?  I've had no problem with any of the provided apartments.

If you made your own apartment, and used the room dividing strips that came with Pets, that's your problem.  They are considered walls for some things, to include determining the size of the apartment.  Make a break in their placement so as not to completely inclose any part of the apartment, and you should be able to make full use of it.

I first tried this on an apartment that I had downloaded. And nothing worked. Then I tried one of the apartments already in the game and it would only allow me to add a lamp to a desk? Nothing else. Is there a limit on the furniture you can have in an apartment?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:45:17 pm »

The only limit is how much you can cram into the space.  Does this happen with the pre-made sims also on one of the pre-made apartments?

Did you just move the sims onto the lot, or did you have them rent an apartment too?  Without renting, you can't furnish the place.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:28:02 pm by ancienthighway » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: