Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 07:42:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help finding a file  (Read 5277 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:51:08 pm »

When I run the testingcheatsenabled the adult singer error pops up, but I can't find the file to delete it.   I'm not sure if it's also what's causing my sims characters to have to keep resetting also.

I would be very thankful if anybody could help me out.

Want to be special?  Be a BAM fan!

http://www.bamforbeginners.com
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 05:09:54 pm »

Maybe a hack or an object conflicting with a one the careers. Might want to test your game without anything in your downloads folder, to see if it's only downloads related. If the problem persist, you can locate your error log by directly EA\TheSims2\Logs and try to look for your most recent one. Then try and attach it to your post so someone can help you.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:08:13 pm »

Thanks for the advice.

Here's the error log for the Adult Singer.

* ObjectError_E001_t41010.txt (82.26 KB - downloaded 191 times.)

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 01:32:22 am »

In that same Logs folder, look for a file called CustomContentObjects.txt. Open it in Notepad, then use the Search function (Ctrl+F) to find the word Singer. I'm guessing that the career is called "Singer" or something similar. It's erroring as "Adult - Singer", which simply means that it's not the teen or elder career, but the adult career as a Singer. Once you find the line that has "Singer" in it, it should hopefully indicate what type of custom content it is and where it is located. Take note of the location and find the file, then remove it.

Unfortunately the error log doesn't help us find the file, but your CC listing should help you locate it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 07:16:56 am »

Yes, in the error log the job is listed as being called 'Singer'.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »

In that same Logs folder, look for a file called CustomContentObjects.txt. Open it in Notepad, then use the Search function (Ctrl+F) to find the word Singer. I'm guessing that the career is called "Singer" or something similar. It's erroring as "Adult - Singer", which simply means that it's not the teen or elder career, but the adult career as a Singer. Once you find the line that has "Singer" in it, it should hopefully indicate what type of custom content it is and where it is located. Take note of the location and find the file, then remove it.

Unfortunately the error log doesn't help us find the file, but your CC listing should help you locate it.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but my internet has been down for the past few days.  I tried that, but it didn't find anything.  Thanks for the help though.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 05:48:16 pm »

Did you find CustomContentObjects.txt? Can you please post it here as an attachment?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 03:00:49 am »

Here you go.

* CustomContentObjects.txt (702.36 KB - downloaded 15579 times.)

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 07:36:38 am »

I haven't read through it all but to start off with, you have several redundant hacks. You have at least 2 if not 3 versions of the censor blur remover. Just 1 should suffice you, 2 is too many, 3 is overkill. So my guess would be that something is conflicting, but I don't remember enough about which hacks conflict with what to say what it could be.

Perhaps you should organise your hacks by creator rather than having them all in one big lump? I know that some of TJ's hacks need to load after Pescado's, so subfoldering would really help with any conflicts due to TJ hacks loading before Pescado's.

The error referring to "Singer" could be about the person being in the Entertainment career at Lounge Singer level rather than about you having a custom career hiding amongst your CC. Try sorting out your CC, getting rid of redundancies, etc, and see if that helps.

BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 02:49:00 pm »

I'll definitely take that adice.  thanks so much for the help.

BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »

So i found out what was making my sims reset.  Someone mentioned that carrigon's fretime whistling ack might be the problem, and that was it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: