Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:09:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: large fish aquarrium  (Read 7262 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
harrtenn

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:18:16 am »

is anyone having a problem with the large tank that came with AL evry time i select it, it crashes my game. Help please
thanks hollie

Send me flowers while I'm alive. They won't do me a damn bit of good after I'm dead."
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:12:48 pm »

Have you tried using it when you don't have any downloads in your game?

Char
xxx

harrtenn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:28:18 am »

yes i have.It seems that everything else is working but that. I contacted EA (no help there) Ive updated drivers etc did a defrag and disk clean and I'll go back in and see what happens.
thanks for responding Char and wish me luck!

Send me flowers while I'm alive. They won't do me a damn bit of good after I'm dead."
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:28:43 am »

try toggling shaders (boolprop useshaders true/false) on false you won't see the fish but maybe one way or the other will work for you.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:19:23 am »

I'm sure it's the fishtank that causes my Aubrey Manor lot to crash.
This is when I have CC enabled. That is the only new thing on that lot that I can identify that might be conflicting with something in my downloads folder.
(I cannot enter Aubrey Manor with CC enabled).
sahmormakmom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:54:04 pm »

I have the same problem.  I even tried playing the game without any downloaded hacks or mods and all I need to do is think that I'm going to click the 18,000 aquarium and the game crashes.  I think its a bug with the game.  mine is the digital version.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:02:44 pm »

Same here, I can force it to get on a lot by placing it with move objects on but, it crashes later if I load that lot, cheats on or off. It's a bug. I have the DDL as well. IF my Wal Mart evr gets it, I'm going to buy the disk and see if that's the problem.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 02:31:10 am »

I have the disk, so I think it is a general bug.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 02:49:25 am »

I bought one and placed it in my home.  No crashes when watching the fish.  Try entering the lot in build mode and replace the aquarium.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 06:29:08 am »

Thanks, I need to reinstall AL first though......... Sad
harrtenn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 08:03:13 pm »

ah ha I knew it was a bug! Ok first of all I was mistaken in my second post I thought that I had disabled the cc but I did not. I went back in with it disabled and wah lah the fish tank worked (although I wasn't in live mode)ugg. Then I turned cc back on tried to place fish tank and CRASH! Arrrg! I have spent the better half of the last 3 days trying to fix this. Going through the cc is not fun. I contacted EA all they do is tell me about shutting down processes etc. and bla bla bla! I already know about that and that is not it. There is a conflict and I just haven't found it yet. The quest continues! If Beos was here he could fix it.... poop. More later...

Renette

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:17 am »

:smt120 That is exactly what happens to me, harrtenn. I am hoping to have enough time this weekend to go thru my downloads folder (sigh - I got soooo much in there!) to see what is causing the conflict for me. I will post here if I find anything.

Good luck!
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 05:58:09 pm »

Ok found the problem and boy am I an IDIOT. It seem that Allow45degreeangle of rotation cheat messes with the aquarium. I had it on via See Them, killed it, reset Belladonn Cove and the aquarium works fine. Place it first then turn the cheat on manually and turn it off again before touching that aquarium and you can use it.

Check those User Start Up files - it might be in there.
harrtenn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 09:30:10 pm »

OMG Dark are u kidding me how did you find that u r the 1 u wouldn't believe what i've been through. I uninstalled AL forgot to back up lost my hole Dl folder put the stupid game back on again have been on a dl spree to put my altime favs back in the game one of them being see them 2 I would have gone through the whole thing all over again if you hadn't found this! Thank you a thousand times xxxxxoooooo! Now I'm off to check this out. Bye fr now

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »

I just wrote up a blurb about SeeThem2 that Kathy turned into sticky post right away.  Besides other "problems" this hack causes, I've added this issue.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: