Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:17:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing Grace [UPDATED] (Chapter two up)  (Read 7732 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alisa_Crawford

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »

Losing Grace

“Okay…looks good,” I mumbled to myself, but I still unconsciously messed my hair, flipping and unclipping, patting down nonexistent wrinkles in my hand-me-down dress. How old was it again..? Fifteen, twenty years old, maybe. It didn’t matter, of course, I thought to myself with a smile. It was his favorite color.

Why was I so obsessed that day? Prom..? No, that was only last week. Last week? February, right… February seventh. Our two month anniversary. How trivial, I think now.

“Frannie! Charlie’s here, doll,” Dad called from the living room. I smiled, hearing Charlie making my mom laugh again. She loved it when he came over. He always made her laugh, made her smile. That was one reason, I knew, that I liked him. He was that kind of person. The kind that, by just being in the room, he could make you feel better, or happier, or just make you smile by looking at you.

I made my “grand” appearance with barely a thought before jumping at him, and he caught me with a slight bewilderment. He laughed nervously, nearly falling when I jumped into his arms, but he steadied himself and just said, “Hey, Frannie.”

Was it then? No…it wasn’t then, I don’t think.  It was what he said right after that, while Mom and Dad were looking away, not listening, and my ear was right at his mouth.

“You look so beautiful.”

That was it, I thought with a quiet sob, putting my hand to my mouth and wiping away another line of tears that had reached my mouth. Charlie looked at me with confusion, barely looking at his mom. She stood behind me, already very aware of the news. It was the only time she’d ever looked very scary to me, staring at her son was a very apparent disdain that I’d never thought I’d see on her face.

“Wanna hear something funny, Charlie?” I whimpered, gasping in the middle of my sentence. He looked at me with another, bolder look of confusion. I hated seeing him like that, his thin brown eyes full of concern.

“Frannie, just tell me what’s wrong,” he said, moving closer, but I stopped him. It wasn’t that I didn’t want him near me for my own sake. I knew that, after I said what I needed to say, he wouldn’t have wanted to be near me.

Sighing, I wished his mother would have stayed there. Instead, she left us, going to the couch with a low moan, not looking at either of us again.  I looked away from him, feeling another cold wet line of tears flow down my cheeks. “I’m pregnant.”
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:08:37 am by Alisa_Crawford » Logged
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:34:24 pm »

Can't believe nobody's commented on this! I think it's great, anyway. Is it your first story?
Alisa_Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:08:03 pm »

Quote from: rachel631;1378646
Can't believe nobody's commented on this! I think it's great, anyway. Is it your first story?

Well, yes and no. I had one before, but...well, it just needs some revision if I ever start it again. This is actually for the backstory of another character of mine, this being the story of said character's parents. That character's story is maybe what I'll work on after/during this one.

Thanks for the comment. :angel:
Misskitz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 07:17:36 pm »

This is such a nice story! Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Sims is not a hobby, its a life style :tongue3:
Alisa_Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 07:01:28 am »

I tried to call my dad. He didn't answer, and he didn't call back or answer the next fifteen calls from that day.

Miss McCarthy decided to let (well, make) me stay. After the initial horror of making my anouncement was over, the nausea turned out to only be a side effect of the pregnancy. Charlie, as I'd thought, didn't know what to say besides, "What...do we do?" I'd told him I'd been looking through ads of people, looking to adopt babies. To that, he'd merely nodded and turned.

A few weeks after I began living with them, Charlie and I decided to keep it as much under wraps as we could, out of sight, out of mind. Almost no one would suspect Charlie as the father, as much as I hated my repuation among the others in my grade. Just keep any sort of bump under cover until it became too much, then...well, Miss McCarthy said we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. But Charlie and I had only one problem...

The baby was growing.
arielle22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:56:10 pm »

good story

looking foward to chapter 3

Whoops!<br />didn\'t mean to push that button...<br /><br />BACKSPACE
dnog86

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 01:34:45 pm »

I like your story, please go on  ^_^.
arielle22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:08:36 pm »

When are you gonna post capter 3

Whoops!<br />didn\'t mean to push that button...<br /><br />BACKSPACE
kitty1081

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »

this is a really good story

I Like Choclate.

actually let me rephrase.

I Love choclate. ::smilieiforgetwhi:: :cat:
bigkitty75

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 06:40:42 am »

good job.

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 10:01:39 am »

I'm a little confused but I like the sentiment in the story.  What happened with the girls own parents did they kick her out?

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 10:21:47 am »

I am confused to, cause in one moment they were at Frannie's place and in other at Charlie's?

Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

vickylougrl, Starwish001;
At the start it's like a flashback of their anniversary (I think, not sure sorry), when they meet up at her house - where they're happy. Then, when they're at his house, it's her telling him at a later date.

It's really good so far, Alisa_Crawford! Can't wait to see more. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:34:22 pm by Trepie22 » Logged
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »

thanks trepie!  flashback oooh...lol!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 06:54:01 pm »

Yes, now I think that was flashback too, because the different letters ( aaahh don't know how to say-italic letters, haha); but it still confuses me that “You look so beautiful” sentence...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: