Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:42:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help my Alpha mesh is very angree! And I can't figure out why. :(  (Read 9490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:24:59 am »

Hello everyone I'm writing here because I'm desperately confused... I made a 7 layer alpha and I did everything I'm sure I'm supposed to do... I've done this befor with a 3 layer alpha and it worked fine but this one is beyond angree... I've taken care of the opacity in the groups changed the Sim Skin to simstandardmaterial and fixed where it's supposed to have blend. So if anyone has any idea pleas please please! Help! Here is a picture of what happens when I make the layers visable please help. Sad

!@_o!

* Problem.jpg (574.84 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 2397 times.)
* ProblemFile!._.!.rar (723.57 KB - downloaded 93 times.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:22:24 pm by BlueIzumi » Logged

http://WWW.SWEETSIMS.COM Come an get the stuff that you can't find anywhere else Wink !!! Our forum is now open an we ARE taking requests. !~_~! Check here .  
!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:16:25 am »

hard to tell without a file...
Did you add the extra layers to the recolor?
Did you uvmap the new parts?
is every layer set to simstandardmaterial

but first thing you should do is clone it with bodyshop and give every layer a color and also make every layer white on the alpha bmp

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:30:45 pm »

I already did all that I did change everything to sim standard material too except the base body layer. That's why it's frusterating. I added layers and I've added them befor w/o hassle this is a new problem.. Sad If you want I can include a file to show it to you, if you're okay with looking? Thank you for answering so quickly.
!@_o!

http://WWW.SWEETSIMS.COM Come an get the stuff that you can't find anywhere else Wink !!! Our forum is now open an we ARE taking requests. !~_~! Check here .  
!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:42:10 pm »

yes, upload the file and ill take a look.

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:55 pm »

Thank you so much! I've uploaded it. I hope I didn't sound mean please forgive me if I did I felt like I may have been rude I've been working on this for months so I've kinda gotten frusterated with it. Sad Please forgive me. Sad And thank you so much for taking a look. When you can look on it one on one the problem is so obvious. Sad It drives me crazy. Sad
!@_o!

!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:58:08 am »

Ok,
With the mesh is nothing wrong Wink the only thing i would suggest on that part is that you name your mesh groups for the inside textures the same as the ones for the outside.
This way the inside and outside layer will share one bmp file wich saves you alot texturing but mor important less lag.....
You also have it bumpmap enabled so you will get a incredible ammount of files.(21 files to be correct :s)

Your Problem
Its very simple as i made a few outfits just like yours(muliti outfits)
Your videocard and/or the sims2 game isn't capable of displaying the layers correct when using the blend settings in the TXMT's wich results in bleeding through.
All works well with smaller/one or two layers but when you exceed them at one point you get this.

You can have it working with only alphatest enabled(set to 1) and blend settings to none.
This means you can cut away parts but you can not use the transparancy settings.

I made a few meshes with one layer wrapped arround the body but never used 2(as you did) but when i splitup the alphalayer in a left and right side the bleeding through dissapairs.
This is a 95% solution as sleeves and trousers still will bleed throug at some points.
I made a few alpha pants wich you might want to look at?

Here is your file, i changed some TXMT settings and only enabled alphatest, you have to make a recolor before all settings get applied!!!
Again i recommend you pair up the inside and outside layers by giving them the same name.
I have one multioutfit with 13 files in it, textured with patterns and the ammount of files will give lag, no doubt Smiley

Uh, your file doesn't show in my bodyshop........it is linked correct, strange

* 5f6b814a_YuffieMeshA!._.!.rar (482.45 KB - downloaded 105 times.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:26:04 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 02:02:18 pm »

Thank you so much for this. I'll look at it tonight after work or tomorrow. But I don't know if my mesh is linked to the correct anything I might have messed it up for body shop because I was kinda going crazy over what was wrong... It's always possiable I left that secound file in when you connect the main skin I might have left that other file in because I actually redid it multiple times and probebly forgot. x_x' And for the combination do you think I should just completely get rid of the outside layers and make it like the origenal Grass skirt mesh? That way it'll look better so making it see through is not a good idea? Also do you think I could make one layer see through and the other not and be okay? My only worry is the belt which is the part that looks a dress is so big it'll cover my pants... An last time I just tired to make it visable noone noticed or used it. Sad So I kinda want people to know how big it is what do you think? Thank you so much for you're help again it's really nice of you to spare the time to look. I'll try and see if I can just recreate or something then I'll show you the body shop file done appropreately if you still want to see? Smiley This is really helpful on another level I just have to add a side not I've been having a similar problem with my accesorries. x_x' So this is great for me on more then one level. Smiley
!~_~!

!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 04:10:47 pm »

if you like ill make you a mesh/outfit package?
If people see 21 files when cloning it with bodyshop most of them dont start recoloring
Maybe you can make one layer transparant, you have to try.
Ill setup a package how i would build it so you can see Smiley
I also will rename the files, so much easier for those who want to recolor.

Edit, oh wait a minute
The opacity is also wrong on the inside textures
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:35:25 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:14 pm »

here is a file that might help.
Its based on a new maxis outfit with a new mesh attached, you can use it if you like(ill delete mine Wink )

I checked you mesh and besides that the opacity was wrong on a few layers you also scaled the inside layers?

If you make a layer wrapped arround the body and want a second layer for the insidetextures you select your layer and duplicate it, then you hide the one you copied, you reverse the faces on the copied one and alligne the normals, thats it.
The only thing you change is the opacity, the black(turned inside layer) must have a lower opacity value then the one for outside textures.

I did fix the inside layers(made copies and reversed them) renamed them and completly splitup all meshgroups in 2 halves to stop the bleeding through.
The top and pants is now transparant while the rest, the vest and skirt is editible(cut away wat you want.) but doesn't support transparancy.
Also reversing the settings will work, skirt and vest transparant but then the top and pants must be alphatestenabled(non transparancy)
You can change.play a little with the blend/alphatest settings to get a better result.(remember, choose just one, dont enable both alphatest and blend.)

You could regroup the stockings with the pants to get them also transparant but thats it i think.

* BlueSweetSims_YuffieAdultClothing_example.rar (219.82 KB - downloaded 113 times.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:58:06 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 06:02:30 pm »

Thanx for all the explination so I just got a chance to look at it today after work I opened instead of late closing. ^_^ And I see what you mean but? I'm a slow learner. Sad My friend told me that I needed the black part on the outside to make it see through is that true? Or is it I just need to keep the opacity at a lower number? Also if I'm gonna make it alpha but not see through and have that extra layer is it okay if I did like I used to and just keep the inside and the outside on the same layer? I took a picture of a mesh I already made. I mean I don't think I had a problem but this mesh has gotten me so confused... Sad And thank you for going over and doing this but I want to learn. Sad I have some other mesh problems too like I finally finished a hair mesh and I started alpha editing it and where I cut the hair it makes the next layer see through at that spot... And I made a hat and it's kinda se through reflective. Sad I'm having alot of trouble. Pluse I'm kinda slow with reading. Here's some of the stuff and then on top of it I don't know if I made an exsident with a setting but my milkshape wouln't let me keep my morphs and it does this to all my meshes when I import them str8 from Simpe I can't save at all in gmdc form I can only save in obj form. Sorry to keep going but you've been so great it's good to have your help and I really appriciate it cause I really really need it :Huh?: I included more pictures one is
What it did to your mesh:

I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like that but I'm pretty sure the seems are supposed to be there. Sad And here's an example of one of mine I finished befor the problem started a little more blatent. Sad I was woundering if you had ideas on that or if my milkshape is just going?

I will wait for your answer on this but did you when you seperated it into left and right did you use unweld radial or a different way? Sorry to be so troublesome but  I kinda just winged most of it up till this point :happy8: Which makes your talents so much more awsome for you to be sharing with me thank you again. ^_^
!@_o!

* Untitled-1.jpg (483.96 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 424 times.)

* Untitled-2.jpg (444.73 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 453 times.)

!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:33 pm »

hey hey
dont lose hope Cheesy
The mesh is a awsome idea, stick to it!! Wink
The things you mentioned are just small issues.

You reinstalled Milkshape and Wes H's plugins?
--The seems are caused by turning on auto smooth(wich is default after a reinstall)
Untick it in your groups Tab(right top) before you import.(you even can see the box in one of your screenshots. Wink )

--Dont listen to your friend Cheesy
If you made a extra layer wrapped arround the body that layer have to have a higher opacity so that that layer(textures ingame) will overrule everything wats underneath it.
If you also copy that layer and use it for inside textures you need to give it a opacity value that is higher as the body but lower as the outside layer.
Inside layers(reverted outside layers turn black) but the moment you set the opacity correct the black inside layer dissapears.

It works just like hair, body/inside layer/outside layer.
There are a few bugs in it thoug with making larger layers, somehow your videocard or the game itself has trouble displaying larger alpha layers wich will result in bleeding through.(Only when the blend TXMT settings are used tho)
--One solution is to splitup your meshgroups in 2 halves, you simple select(all faces) of one half and regroup it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:24:54 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:28 pm »

Okay it's taking me a long time I'm trying to learn. I'd really like to use your mesh but I wouln't learn anything that way. Sad So I'm trying to do it and I'm looking at your stuff in milkshape and in simpe. And I tried my way but! I have an awful problem with the sleaves. I keep posting and asking is there any way you'd be willing to talk to me out of the forum in real time? I know that's kinda foward of me and you're kinda like weirdo.... But I'm really slow and I could like show you in real time and you could be like NO NO WRONG! And I could be like okay. Also I don't know if with what I've done if I split it if it will work. Sad Also I'm not entirely sure how you split it weather unweld radial or not? cause I can't really get anything to work and when I do that everything falls apart on me.. x_x' I'm driving myself crazy with this thing... I'm really frusterated with myself do you think I should just start from scratch? I'm still using YuffieMeshA and just changing things like stdMatAlphaBlendMode from blend back to none except for the skirt. And I left things with the number titles but I don't know how to deleate peices. Or rather I'm not entirely sure how. Sad So I didn't deleate anything I was hoping that wouln't affect. BUT! I'm not sure how to split it or any of that so I didn't go as far as you were able to. Sad I'm sorry I'm probebly being really anoying but I know I need to learn this. I'm having trouble with like everything like I said hair an accessories too. I am so sorry that I keep asking but I know I gotta learn this. Please forgive me for asking the same questions over and over again. Sad All files included again and the pictures are of what I get now after regrouping and stdMatAlphaBlendMode changing.
!@_o!

* NormalPluse.jpg (512.22 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 333 times.)

* Untitled-1.jpg (510.68 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 323 times.)

* Untitled-2.jpg (523.46 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 403 times.)
* ProblemFile!._.!.rar (1884.4 KB - downloaded 94 times.)

!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 05:30:01 pm »

Take your original mesh and make sure you have the opacity's correct, like i explained earlier.

Change the alphablend to none on all TXMT's and set the alphatestenabled to 1.

I fixed your existing mesh but if you dont understand.or dont want to use it i strongly recommend you start by making something simple.......
Use one layer, the stockings/skirt and one top and try to make that one work.
And make a second mesh with the pants and another top.
You can make as much meshes you like, you donthave to combine all the layers........

Another small tip.
Dont make inside layers till you are completly satisfied.
Inside layers are just copies and can be done when a mesh is finished.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:32:34 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
BlueIzumi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 11:00:36 pm »

I gave up I can't get mine to work I swear my milkshape is broken.... Sad No matter what I fool around with the opacity and copy yours I even tried only making it 2 layers..... And I've gotten nowhere. Sad So if you're okay is it okay if I release your version of my mesh? Tomorrow or today in 2 minutes is my b-day and I really wanted to try and get an update done for it and my milkshape has basically bit the big one. Sad So please what area did you load it too. I'm really sorry I'm ashamed I've been so anoying. Sad I hope you don't mind me using your creation?
!-_-!

!@_o!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 07:36:51 am »

well,
first,
It isn't my creation, i only splitup a few parts of YOUR mesh.
So i will take NO credit hun, it is yours and it will stay yours and you can do wat you want with it Smiley

second,
In the mesh i edited i did see a few parts poking through, like the breast comming through the top.
You will need to fix those as i didn't do that.

When i started meshing i made so many and most ended up in the carbage can Wink
Just keep on trying, maybe a little bit more simple, but never give up Wink

No longer active
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: