Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:00:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooking skill becomes no use in selfmade apartment  (Read 3370 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
michaelchan21

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:10:12 pm »

Wellcome back!

I really don't know why? My sims's cooking bars are full but are unable to make more than one dish for dinner in the apartments I made myself. This also happens when I buy a new frige in all the existing ingame apartments. I do hope you can resolve this problem for all the simmers before Maxis releases a patch for this EP8 in a few months time. Thank you!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:21 pm »

By "unable to make more than one dish" do you mean they can't serve a group meal or there's only one choice for dinner?  If there's only one or two choice for the meals, breakfast - cereal, lunch - sandwich and salad, supper - salad, you might not have a stove in the rented area.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 08:38:02 pm »

Also check to see if you have any mods that may conflict with your Sim's ability to prepare and cook meals. As Ancient mentioned, it is a good idea to check to make sure the apartment has a stove.

There are some mods that don't work with AL, and one of them is stated on Paladin's Palace site if you use his food mods.

To install HCDU and check for conflicts between various mods you have, go here , click Sims 2 on the left side and choose Programs. Scroll down somewhat and click on HCDU to read about it and follow the directions from there.

Hope this will help you get started. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 08:42:24 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
michaelchan21

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:19:40 am »

My problem in my selfmade apartment is, even my sims' cooking bars are full they can only have or serve instant meal or cereal all day long.

The problem in the community apartments (The Crossroad Apartments) is more ridiculous. After I activated the build/buy mode cheats to rebuild some walls, my sims can only juggle bottles or take out the leftovers.  

I have disabled the custom contents before loading a neighbourhood.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:24 am »

Thread moved from Squinge's Mod Request Forum

This actually should be in the General Help section, as it's a game bug. Apparantly, moving into an apartment can screw up your Sims cooking skills, so no matter how many skill points you have, you're limited to only basic meals.

...thankfully, there's a fix over on More Awesome Than You. You'll find it here.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:38:33 am by Comicalmuse » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:37 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1364854
...you might not have a stove in the rented area.

Quote from: Chaavik;1364879
...it is a good idea to check to make sure the apartment has a stove...

Did you check?
michaelchan21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 03:15:32 am »

Comicalmuse, I've tried that fix many times already. It just doesn't change anything.

ancienthighway, Yes, I did. The Cornerstone and Crossroad Apartments come with both stove and frige, I don't have to buy them myself.

In fact, I just found out if you activate the build mode to cut down just one tile's length of the main wall (not the walls that make partition of living room and dinningroom or bedrooms inside the apartment) and rebuild it in these two apartments, you'll find yourself can only juggle bottles when you click the frige.

Well, I know this bug can not be fixed yet. So, let us just wait and see....BUT funnily, this dosen't happen in Tech Center Flats.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: