Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:53:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Danger Family Apocalypse, Ch. 6 (Generation 2)  (Read 9096 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:14 pm »

I know what you mean about them getting rich too quick, especially when they start winning big chance cards. This is the first time I've done something like this though, so I need to start small Wink Found enough ways to spice it up though Wink

Have they updated the rules on there then? *goes to look*

No requests please
zombiekim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 02:13:12 pm »

I know what you mean about starting small...the only way I know the apocalypse rules is that I've tried and given up so many times, I've memorized them, haha.
Just to make life easier for those of you who aren't as familiar with Pinstar's apocalypse challenge, I thought I'd post a very summarized version here. Unfortunately they haven't updated it for FreeTime's new careers, so I had to make my own rules for it. Anyway, these are just the main restrictions that reaching the top of a career will unlock (each sim can only unlock one set of restrictions). The actual challenge has a lot more little rules, and cool "flavor text" backstory for each career.
I'll update these each time one of the Danger sims lifts a restriction.

Business: no selling anything except build mode stuff; no starting a business; no hiring service sims or calling headmaster.

Law Enforcement
: no alarms; no "emergency" calls on phone; no teens or elders leaving house without 10 in body skills.

Medical: no medicine; no showers/tubs; must always "Try for Baby."

Culinary: only prepare one meal per sim day per household; may not inventory food; only cheapest barbecue grill may be used (and fridge). (Pinstar has also said that gelatin is cheating, because it stays fresh too long.) COMPLETED BY GEORGE SHWEBER

Life of Crime: there are 3 different ways to pay "protection money." The one I follow means replacing your fridge each Monday (for food) and paying $200 more each week, so week one is $200, week two is $400, etc.

Military
: no going to community lots; only invite over sims you love or, if you have a car, are best friends with; no moving out.

Athletic: any item bigger than one square may not be moved or inventoried once it has been placed; no more than 3 items in inventory.

Slacker: no vacation days; no missing work; no ignore chance cards; no going back to old jobs.

Science: no electronics but one computer, one phone, cheapest stereo; computer may only be used to "Write Term Paper" and "Write Novel."

Politics: may only build/place items in an 8x8 area on the lot.

Artist
: no art may be bought; no creativity skilling items except for "Write Novel" on computer.

Paranormal: no moving graves/urns; no Resurrecting; no plead with Reaper.

Natural Science: no landscaping items or plants; house must be on foundation or pillars.

Show Business: no change appearance; no dressers may be bought; no dates, parties, or outings. COMPLETED BY ANSLY DANGER (because I hate ugly/weird-looking apocalypse sims)

Music
: weather must be winter/winter/winter/winter; everything must be covered by roof (although Pinstar said in a podcast that cars can be placed outside because they're sturdy).

Education: teens can't go to school or college.

Adventure
: career rewards may not be used.

Gamer: phone can only be used between noon and midnight on Tuesdays. Once Gamer is lifted, you can use the computer to find jobs.

Journalism: only select first job in the newspaper, not second or third (computer not restricted for finding jobs, if science and gamer are lifted).

Law: slacker, politics, and law enforcement can't be permanently lifted until law is completed. I'm ignoring this rule because I hate it.

Alien Technology: no aspiration rewards unless a sim is abducted by aliens, or a "Top Secret Researcher" or "Mad Scientist" goes to work with a satellite in inventory.

My additional rules for FreeTime:

Oceanography
: no bodies of water; no tubs; no primary-aspiration-related perks.

Dance
: no dancing; no ballet barre; no secondary aspirations.

Architecture (I used the rules from one of Pinstar's Legacy Challenge Handicaps, so this is his idea, not mine): only construct two of each type of build item per day, like two windows, two carpet squares, and two wallpaper sections per day. Ignore on first day to set up house.

Intelligence
: no work perks.

Entertainment: no needs perks; no freestyling.

Okay, now I'm obviously a major dork. :D But hopefully this helps.

"T-REX ARE YOU THE SASSIEST DINOSAUR"
"Second-place in last month's sassy-assy competition!"
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 02:58:51 pm »

Great update. Ansly has a strong character.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
clc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 05:46:24 pm »

really enjoying this story so far it s nice that you play the challenge and write the story to it proberbly helps you to keep playing ive tried this challenge but i gave up quickly (i have very little patience)
anyway hope you update soon as i really like it:thumbup:
zombiekim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 10:10:24 pm »

Hey everyone--I made a typo in the previous chapter, about the third son's name. Ansly and George have four kids: Rosalind, Beckett, Sacha (not Asher), and Portia. Enjoy!

Chapter 5: Run! Teenagers!

“Do you ever wish you’d taken that train ticket, with Natasha?”
“Natasha? Who’s—oh, I didn’t even remember her name,” George laughed. “No, I don’t wish that, and I never have. She was unhinged. And she had bizarre grooming habits.”
“Oh, you know what I mean. Do you wish you hadn’t stayed?”
“If I hadn’t stayed, I never would have been responsible for bringing bouillabaisse to a nuclear fallout zone.”
“George—“
“Hush, you."

“Hey, Butt Face!” Rosalind shouted from right behind Beckett.
“Ahh! What do you want, Rollie-Pollie?” Since he’d grown taller than her, the threat of noogies had subsided somewhat.
“How come you’re always reading those stupid sci-fi books?”
“How come your face is so ugly?”
“You’re one to talk. Come on, how come?”
“Because…they’re kind of like us. Living beyond the reaches of civilization, boldly going where no man has gone before. Plus, you know—you know I like houses, and I like drawing. And these people, they live on starships, in glass castles, in all these amazing places.” He sighed. “I want to build a nicer house for us."

“Yeah, well, all I want is to be a doctor. Help people, restore the sanitation department—“
“I don’t think that’s a good idea," Beckett said.
“Why not?”
“Because as much as I love your B.O., I really don't want to see how ugly you are under all that dirt!”

“Hey, Sacha! Guess what?”
“What?”
“I’m going to be sooo pretty when I grow up, I’m going to be president, and everybody’s going to love me," Portia said.
“There’s no such thing as president.”
“Yeah, but there used to be! I’m going to be president because I’m the prettiest one.”
“Oh, yeah, well, well," Sacha stuttered, "I’m going to get married, and have babies. And maybe be Superman.”
“Okay. I love you! Goodnight!”
“Night!”

But everyday life is not about big plans--and with that, here is a day in the life of the Danger family:

“Excuse me. You seem to be blocking my brother from getting off of the school bus.”
“Yeah! Dance it! Ugh! Oh yeah!”
“You seem to have fallout madness, little girl. I’m sorry, but I have no pity.”
“Shake it! Smustle! Woo!”

Rosalind delighted in being both a protective sister and a bully.
"Ow, ow, I hate you!"
"Yeah, well, I hate smustling."

Meanwhile, Dad checked out his stove.

“You’re filthy, you take up too much room, and you start fires. I hate you. I think that a man of my culinary stature should have something better. Something like…

“This! Yes! This is what I’m talking about!” I can just see it now. The sun-soaked beaches. Bikini-clad babes. “Oh, sir, your stove is so amazing. Won’t you please show me how you cook on it? I’m getting all hot just thinking about the way you dice and chop and simmer…I think I have to take my tiny bikini off!”

“Daddy? Are you okay?”
Not really, Sacha. Not really.
And Beckett, the Nerd, began to morph into Beckett, the Ladies’ Man. Or maybe not?

“So, I don’t know if you know this, but we have food to eat here. And blankets.”
“Teehee!”
“I know, most people don’t. Maybe I could show you our running water and flush toilets, eh? Eh?”
“Teehee!”
Rosalind laughed to herself. I wonder if little brother realizes he’s hitting on a man.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:29:45 pm by zombiekim » Logged

clc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33:16 pm »

funny chapter
very enjoyable keep up the good work:thumbup:
zombiekim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 02:20:43 pm »

You guys are going to have to forgive me if I get a little mushy in this chapter. The next one won't be so sentimental. :D
Also, if you haven't seen this, here is my summary of the rules to Pinstar's apocalypse challenge.

Chapter 6: Growing Pains

Her family was grown—they had beaten all the odds and survived a nuclear holocaust.

Ansly still spent much of her time sewing clothes on the old machine that had served her so well. Adults now, her kids were no longer growing out of their clothes they way they had as children, but she liked sewing. George was still working as a chef, so she liked to stay busy during the days. Besides, at heart, she hoped that soon one of her children would meet someone, and Ansly would get some grandbabies. And she had a feeling as to which of her kids that might be.

Rosalind had grown into a young woman, as tough as she was pretty. Tougher than Ansly had been, but of course, she had had to be strong from birth if she was going to survive. And then she’d had to help tend to her younger siblings. And she was prettier than Ansly had been—or at least, Ansly thought so, but then she was a mother.

Rosie had softened up a bit since her bossy adolescence. Enough, anyway, to fall for exactly the wrong kind of man. Johnson was a systems operator with the military presence in Strangetown, and he was also interested only in sweet talk and romance. Rosalind was excited just to meet a good-looking, non-undead man, but Johnson didn’t exactly fit with her worldview. She had grown up in a world where the only people she saw day in and day out were her own family, so Casanova’s love-and-leave mentality was a mystery to her.
Anyway, she wasn’t about to get knocked up, so Johnson was and always would be a side interest.

Beckett was still a nerd, pursuing his architecture career (what little of it there could be in a region this devastated) while writing stories about space overlords and green-skinned hotties. But he’d also developed into quite the Don Juan, romancing all the good-looking women he met (of course, that was a limited number, what with the zombies, lack of sanitation, and infectious diseases). And, for obvious reasons, he didn't have to be quite so responsible about his romances as Rosalind did. His sisters envied him for it; his little brother admired him.

“How do you do that?” Sacha asked.
“Do what?”
“You know…” He blushed. “Get all those girls. I don’t even know how to talk to them.”
“That’s because you’re ‘cute.’”
“What?”
“You. You’re ‘cute.’ Look at you, you’re like, like a floppy-haired teddy bear in a sweater vest. And me? I’m kind of weird-looking.”
“No—“
“Yeah. Yeah, I am. But I can work with that. It gives me something to prove. Women like me because I’m not that great-looking and I try really hard to get their attention, so they think I must be crazy about them. With you, they have to be outgoing. It’s not as flattering to their egos.”
“Teach me your ways.”

Sacha threw himself into exercise, spending more time out of the house. He knew that there was a big world out there, and that it was mostly crappy, and that he wanted to be part of it. He loved his family dearly, of course—after Ansly, he had the biggest heart and the nicest attitude of all of them, and he never grew tired of them.  Mostly, really, he just wanted to meet some girls. Not the way Beckett did—no, Sacha wanted to meet one girl.

Portia was already working toward her future career in politics. She was always clean and particular about her appearance, and she was more aware of her beauty than Rosalind was of her own.
“Is that—is that a blemish? My career is ruined!”
As the youngest in the family, she was doted on and her somewhat fastidious nature was indulged, but she never became spoiled.

“I like your poodle skirt, Portia.”
“Why, thank you!”
“Did you—did you iron that?”
“You know, I did! Rosalind said it couldn’t be done, what with the electricity shortage and all. But two hours, a fire pit, and a first-degree burn later, and I have a perfectly pressed outfit.”
“You’re—you’re scaring me a little. You’re sweet, but you’re scaring the crap out of me. You know that, right?”
She giggled. “Yeah, I know. I can’t help it.”
But as the kids grew into adults, the adults aged, too.

After George died, things stopped making sense—everything became jumbled, and time seemed to lurch and halt. Their home, their little place in the decimated world, had been really threatened for the first time.

“I’m worried about Mom.”
“I—I know. I am, too.” She paused. “And Rosie’s sleeping all the time, Sacha.  I mean, she used to drive me nuts with all that meddling, but now, now she doesn’t even care about anything that’s going on.”
“And Beckett—“
“The drinking,” she sighed.

I lost my job. The one thing I've always wanted, and I lost it.

“Is she getting better, or worse?” Rosalind asked Sacha. He would never tell her how relieved he was by that simple question of hers; it showed that she herself was coming back. “It’s been two months. I know it’s hard on her, but…But she’s always staring off like that. I’m worried.”
“I know.” He’d been thinking about his mother a lot lately—more, he realized with some guilt, than he thought about his late father. But he knew that it fell on  him, the sensitive Danger, to put himself in Ansly’s shoes. “It’s no wonder it’s so hard on her. She grew up before the fallout, and then she came back here to nothing. She had to survive through all that loneliness, had to keep it together for us, and now that Dad’s gone...Maybe it’s just too much.”
“I think you should talk to her.”
He wanted to argue, but he could see her point. Rosie, you finally start acting like yourself again, and it’s already driving me nuts.

“Mom, how are you—how are you feeling?”
“Oh, just fine. I think I might have a cold, is all.”
“No, I mean, about…Dad.”
“Ah. I should have known I was worrying you kids.”
“No, it’s just me, Mom.”
“Sweetheart,” she said, with a knowing smile, “you think I don’t know by know that they always send you?”

“Sacha, I—I really am fine, in a way. I know I’ve been a bit flighty lately, but it’s nothing dangerous. It’s only that I miss your father. I see him all around, all the time, especially in you and your brother and sisters. I dream about him.” She paused. She had been dreaming about him, vivid dreams in which he came back for her, but that wasn’t all. What she couldn’t tell her son was that her dreams would be coming true very soon.
In a brilliant flash of memory, she thought of reading Jane’s journal, when she was young and stranded and alone—what was it Jane had written? That she would be with Howard, and that would be a relief. Ansly dearly loved her children, but they were grown now, and she had worked so hard for so long—she thought it would be nothing but a relief for her to be with George again.
“Sacha, I don’t want you to worry about me anymore. You have to live your own life. And from all the time you've spent daydreaming and off on your own lately, I'd say you've met a girl."
He blushed.
“Maybe. But Dad—“
“Dad would want you to be happy. And so do I. All right?”
“All right.”
“Good.” She smiled. “Now, I think I need to go have a little talk with Beckett about this drinking—if Rosie hasn’t beat me to it.”

“I thought she said she just had a cold.”
“Maybe she thought she did.”
“Maybe…”
“I think she just didn’t want to worry us.”
“She’s with Dad now.”
“I guess that means—“
“That means we’re on our own.”
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:23:15 pm by zombiekim » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:14 pm »

Awwww. I don't mind mushy stuff. Well I do, but in this chap it was perfectly balanced.
Smiley

Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:05 am »

Aaaaw. I need more.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »

:bawl: So sad.  It's always hard to see the founders go.

Nice update - I particularly liked the conversation between Portia and her brother - cracked me up!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
zombiekim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 09:06:44 pm »

Thanks everybody. It's so nice to know people like it!
I like writing the funny stuff a lot more than the mushy stuff, so I'd kind of like to skip over the sims-dying part, haha. In fact, Beckett was originally my least favorite of this generation, but he's funny to write about, so I think he's my favorite now. I like having the ugly nerdy sim get all the chicks. Wink
Next update probably Monday or Tuesday.

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »

Good update. Yes, it was sad....hard to see the founders die.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: