Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:47:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life...Doesnt load if you have downloads?  (Read 3869 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
laydeek

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 06:33:04 am »

I dont know but you tell me...If you have downloads (which I have MANY) the houses dont load? Not to mention that I saved the game in a different location, and it still wrote over my families...they seemed to have disappeared!! Is anyone else having this problem? If so what should I do? If I uninstal APT Life will I get my families back? or do I just remove my downloads and add them back slowly? suggestions guys?:sad4:
BlackKat13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:00:27 am »

I am playing with downloads, including (compatible) hacks, and I assure you it works.  Glitches are most commonly caused by content that is *not* compatible.  Stuff like clothes, furniture etc, you wouldn't need to worry about.  If you have left your hacks in, check for any updates.  If any are listed as not being compatible, remove them until an update is made.  If you can't find this information on zny other hacks you may have, test them yourself.

I'll be in Race For the Cure on September 21st.  Help me save the boobies, and raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation!  Click Here
Save Boobies Everywhere!-Click HERE to Fund Free Mammograms!
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:48 am »

Laydeek, I had a similar problem. All the houses I downloaded have disappeared from the housing section. Honestly, I don't know how to get them back. As for the disappearing Sims, that's a new one I haven't heard before. I would check your hacks like BlackKat suggested. If you have an older verison that isn't up-to-date with AL, then it could possibly be messing around with your Sims. If you uninstall the Sims, you will lose everything (Sims, houses, downloads, neighborhoods, settings) unless you back-up your game.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 02:15:06 am »

Im having the EXACT problem...except mine was working fine 1 minute then crazy like yours the next time i started it up

abaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:12:06 pm »

Exactly the same here. Houses furnished or built with custom content don't load. The loading screen keeps turning for hours on end, but to no avail.
b3x

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:22 pm »

Quote from: abaris;1373665
Exactly the same here. Houses furnished or built with custom content don't load. The loading screen keeps turning for hours on end, but to no avail.

Ah jeez. That's what happened when I installed FT last time..

Remember, before installing a new expansion, MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR GAME OR YOU WILL LOSE IT IF YOU UNINSTALL. I made this mistake last time so don't let it happen to you!
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:19 pm »

On the bright side it seems to work, when I create a new lot. On the dark side I seem to have lost the reflective walls and floors I was so fond of. Well, not really lost, since they're stored in a different location. They just don't show up in the selection screens.

Edit: Seems that "see them" is the major problem. In my case, lots don't load when I don't activate the cheat option in "see them".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:40:34 pm by abaris » Logged
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:07 am »

I have learnt the hard way to backup my entire Sims 2 folder before installing another expansion pack. Then, after installation, I copy the back-up version into the new Sims 2 folder, and everything is back where it belongs.

This is a safe way, in case something goes wrong and you need to uninstall the new EP - always keep that entire backup folder until things have settled down. If you don't have enough space on your pc to have two Sims 2 folders (with different names!), backup to CD/DVD/flash.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 05:32:01 am »

That's not the problem. A backup of that folder isn't of any use other than to keep your goodies safe. This expansion seems to have altered a whole lot more than previous addons. And it's like searching for the needle in a haystack to look for conflicts.

Also scrap what I said about "see them". Activating the cheat codes in "see them" is recommendable nonetheless since it gives you the opportunity to look for errors instead of simply being confronted with non loading lots.
laydeek

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 03:20:26 pm »

What you said Abrais what you said is right on the money... It is going to take me hours to tract down what downloads are conflicting my game and my downloads are in proper order! individual rooms down to the recolors! I will try to take out the hacks and see what happens but I agree with you...AL has altered a whole lot more then previous add ons and its really doing my head in! there are many more bugs then I have had with any of the other ep's come to think of it I haven't had too much problem with bugs until now... EA Games have a lot of explaining to do! and I hope they come up with some patches sooner rather then later...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: