Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:21:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD FOLDER PROBLEM  (Read 2626 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:04:05 pm »

I had trouble with AL so I went through my DOWNLOAD FOLDER & removed all cheats - still no good - So I Disabled my CC when the Start Up Menu prompted me & the game worked fine.  (the sims cheat of maxMotives makes the game playable enough).  But I noticed when I went to play again the games "CC Disable or Enable" screen still shows some of the cheats that I had removed from my DOWNLOAD FOLDER - & not just the recent ones I removed but OLD ones I had removed goodness knows when.  Why is that?  & even after I Disabled all CC at the start up screen, certain items - such as a CC painting - are still available to use while playing & they do not crash the game.  Too wierd.  Does anyone know how this is happening?  Does anyone know WHY this is happening?  Is my game having problems because it still thinks I have DOWNLOADS of CC that I have removed - and some of them a LONG time ago?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:07:17 pm »

When in game, go to your Options, then click on the graphics or settings and there is an option to disable the window that shows up to enable or disable the Custom Content window.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:46 pm »

Thank you, but do you know why my game still thinks I have downloads that I removed from my download folder?  Do I have a "bug" or something that is causing problems in my game?  What do you think?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:41 pm »

Try deleting you groups.cache and accessories. cache and all the thumbnails inside your thumbnails folder.

The games regenerates them when you start the game up.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:50:06 pm »

The only reason your game would still think you have mods in your game is if they were in the game still.  While the My Documents\The Sims 2\Downloads is where we should put our downloads, sometimes they end up in other folders.  SavedSims usually picks up a lot of bodyshop type downloads.  If the downloaded CC makes it into any other folder under The Sims 2, it will still be read and used as CC, so creating a folder named Hold, then moving the Downloads folder into it will not remove the downloads from the game.  

I don't know if that's what you did or not.  If it is, drag the Downloads folder and SavedSims folder to the Desktop.  If you still have game mods in your game according to that list you get when you run the game, you'll need to search all of your other folders for CC that slipped into them.

Recolors of Maxis objects, whether clothing, makeup, objects or whatever will show up whether CC is enabled or not if they are in the Downloads folder and in game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: