Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:46:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment life problem. Driving me crazy!  (Read 2644 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
papa_di

waiting for the cure for the worlds pain

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:13 am »

I start the game, everything is fine, then I make a person put him or her in a apartment it either crashes while loading or after I play and then go some where and then come back, while loading it crashes. Then when I restart the game all the families that were on the select bar on the bottom are gone. the person I was playing is gone and the apartment they were in is empty.
I've been going through the hacks I have and removing them one by one. I don't have Freetime,Akea or teen stuff, I have everything else. I was wondering if anyone heard of the same problem anywhere to save me time digging through hacks or if you know how to fix it. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it,just to see if it was a loading problem. Not it.          ,Thanks for any help

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:56:04 am »

Move your Downloads folder to the desktop and Lookin My Documents-EA Games-The Sims 2 - Config for a User Startup Cheat file and delete that too.

If it works add CC back a bit at a time. Even non hack CC can cause problems, it seems moreso with AL than previous EPs, though Freetime was touchy too untill all of the woderful creators got things updated.
papa_di

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:44:43 pm »

I moved the downloads folder and I went to the config file, the only thing there was broadcast, video capture and user props. I remember putting a  start cheat somewhere, It was like the cheats that you can use in the drop down, I just set it up to work right off when the game starts up. but I can't remember where I put it. But when I took out the downloads folder started the game, I could make a person put them in a apartment, but none of the stuff in buy mode would show up you just placed empty squares and they wouldn't even place and none of the famlies were there still, I can't even save the game. man, did I make a mistake buying AL

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:59:57 pm »

When I first tried AL I removed all of my CC and mods.  After trying it a while, I started putting things back in.  I too lost the sims I placed and all of the sim in the sim bin.  But only that first time.  After that as I added more mods, there was no complete reset.

As you go to add your mods back in, try to track down the post on the web where you got them and see if there's been an update.  Google if need be.
papa_di

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:07:23 am »

After staying up late and many painstaking hours of going through my downloads, I found the problem it was the inteen hacks. Since I don't have Freetime I haven't updated in a while,I still use insim 2.7.But problem solved, Thank's for your Idea's and your help. Now I can be as annoying in an apartment as I am on here! LOL

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: