Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:39:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth the money?  (Read 5960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xLaurenda

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 04:22:55 pm »

I'm contemplating on whether or not to buy AL. I keep hearing about all the issues with the EP. So my question is, should I buy this EP or get something different?

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver"
[/SIZE]
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:54:12 pm »

i think its really good ep with lots of nice objects and socials and game play added in i would say it is worth the money but if your worried about bugs then i advise you to wait and buy it after EA bring out the offical patch
hope this helps

Tell me if I'm going crazy
But everything you said amazed me
It seems too easy on the ear to
Be something I should adhere to
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:59:23 pm »

In my opinion, it's worth it. There's mods out there that other people have made to fix some of the bugs in the game, and I'm sure they'll be more, but I myself have not encountered any problems so far in my playing anyway.

By the way, bdhfsbp2.3 -- you a Snow Patrol fan? "Warmer Climate" is my favourite song, what a shock to see it in someone's signature on a Sims forum!

My other ride is a chocobo.
yoyo23

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 03:37:13 am »

yea the game has a lot of bugs.
but iam glad i bought it it was worth every penny

:worship: ignorance.is.bliss :worship:
Kooleegyrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:08:26 am »

AL is so worth the money! I love the witches, I love having all my self made Sims in the same building. love love love the break dancing option and the microphone (Sing/stand up performance/recite poems) & I love having them walk to Lots. Though that was an option with FT.

Go out & get it! Cheesy

:worship:[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Sim Me Please[/COLOR]:worship:
click link below:
[/COLOR]
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:38:43 am »

By the way, bdhfsbp2.3 -- you a Snow Patrol fan? "Warmer Climate" is my favourite song, what a shock to see it in someone's signature on a Sims forum!

yes i am warmer climate is my fave as well i was woundering if anyone would notice well done

Tell me if I'm going crazy
But everything you said amazed me
It seems too easy on the ear to
Be something I should adhere to
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 03:44:53 am »

yes it is worth it! for me i haven't faced any problems with the game yet. it's amazing..there's a butler !!!! i so wanted EA to make something like "The Sims Makin' Magic"..and here it is i guess XD alot of new features just make this ep really interesting!

(WhenIGetToThisPointOfRealizingHowALLMenAreA**holesIFeelSad..ButSadForWho?ForThemOrForMe??)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
xLaurenda

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:24:47 pm »

Quote from: Camaro_Girl666;1370591
....something like "The Sims Makin' Magic"

Omg! That was my favorite EP for the Sims 1. Hmm, I think I'll buy it when I get money. Which will be, in a long, LONG time. (:

What are some of the issues with the game other than sercurom (or however it's spelt)?

"Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver"
[/SIZE]
Angel_2365

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

It is totally worth the money
underoath222

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:32:44 pm »

I haven't used the Witch aspect of the game yet.. but so far I'm enjoying it, the coolest part is being able to visit some of your other sims apartments. Smiley
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:41:45 am »

Quote from: xLaurenda;1371424
Omg! That was my favorite EP for the Sims 1. Hmm, I think I'll buy it when I get money. Which will be, in a long, LONG time. (:

What are some of the issues with the game other than sercurom (or however it's spelt)?

Well, there's a lengthy bug report on MATY and the BBS, but so far I've yet to encounter any of those. What I will say though, is to make sure you get Pescado's fixes so your mobile phone doesn't disappear or date letters messing up the mailbox - they're the worst ones. It's been reported by some that when a sim visits an apartment, it goes black, but that hasn't happened with me (video card or lighting glitch? :dontknow: ). Depends if you feel lucky, I guess.

Personally, I love the witches, and the playground equipment, new toddler interactions... Definitely one of my faves Cheesy

No requests please
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:48:16 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;1373239
Well, there's a lengthy bug report on MATY and the BBS, but so far I've yet to encounter any of those. What I will say though, is to make sure you get Pescado's fixes so your mobile phone doesn't disappear or date letters messing up the mailbox - they're the worst ones. It's been reported by some that when a sim visits an apartment, it goes black, but that hasn't happened with me (video card or lighting glitch? :dontknow: ). Depends if you feel lucky, I guess.

Personally, I love the witches, and the playground equipment, new toddler interactions... Definitely one of my faves Cheesy

I've been thinking of buying it too.  What's the new toddler interactions? I'm very excited about the playground for the little kids.  I've been wanting for a while to have more toddler interactions so I'm pleased with that.  I've seen in some video's people having pets in the game.  Do you get to play with pets without the pets game or what?  I do have pets but it's not installed since I didn't really use it very much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: