Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:32:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: has anyone tried using the maid?  (Read 3006 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lonelypixie2

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 06:43:16 pm »

the maid:smt120

came across this one today and i wanted to know if anyone has tried using it before? is to comparable to clean installer or better or nothing like it? yada yada yada... thanks
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:52 am »

Hey^^
I use this file maid:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=119585

It's not really the same as Clean Installer, it just extracts everything in rars as far as it can and either moves them or opens them depending on it's format.

It doesn't let you sort the DBPF packages from the rars but it installs sims2packs using Clean Installer or the Sims Custom Content installer. It just lets you extract files from a lot of rars at the same time - and always opens sims2packs with your default sims2pack opening application.

So if you have Clean Installer set for default 'Open With' on sims2packs, then it installs everything else and then opens Clean Installer with the sims/lots/etc.

Also I’m not really sure this was the right place to post this thread^^; Unless you're somehow using it in a story ? Tongue
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:24:18 am by Trepie22 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:35:37 pm »

Moved to the right section.  Sims 2 discussion related.  Wink

I've never used Sims File Maid 2 before.  Though I did hear that it's helpful for those who are still lost on installing custom content files in the correct directories.  Nice tool for "beginning" downloadaholics.  :angel:

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:31 am »

well, I like to know where all my files go. I use clean installer myself for te sims2pack files. I make sure I've got my DL folder opened, then install with clean installer, then move the files that comes up to a new (named) folder inside the DL folder.

I once had around 10000 files I had not sorted through in my downloads folder (I was kinda new to downloading myself, and installed too many sims). Imagine to try finding one file in that chaos Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Why Lie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:40:17 pm »

I've never used Maid before, i like to know where my downloads are going xD... I'm slightly obsessive with my downloads folder, I HAVE to put everything in the right place!
lonelypixie2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:42:18 am »

i use the clean installer and win zip and everything ends up in just one downloads folder, unless the creator has a specific folder that it already generates when you unzip. REALLY unorganized.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:38:37 am »

I use the "maid" all the time, for not-packaged files. I open the packaged files only with the Clean Installer, unchecking custom content in which I am not interested.

The minus of the "maid" is (and the Clean Installer too), that they always paste the files in your Downloads, and not in the sub-folders. that's why, I have a subfolder named "test", and when I paste a certain number of CC - I drag it to the "test" folder, and use the Clean Installer, to sort them in the right subfolders (hair, clothing, etc).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: