Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:30:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I created the shape, now what? (Wings3D)  (Read 1959 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zammy

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:22 pm »

I'm working on my first sim item right now. I have made clothes in the past, but they were only recolors. I have done nothing with my meshing program, Wings3D, in the form of creating for Sims. I do know my way around it, basically, but after I create the item, I have no idea what to do with it.

First off, I want to create a cane to finalize a House MD sim. Firstly, I want to know how to curve the handle a little better to make it look more like House's cane and I can't figure out how to do that. I made this by creating a torus and scaling a part of that down.

Secondly, I need to know how to get it into Gimp to color it.

Thirdly I need to know how to put it into sims and make it so it can actually be used as an accessory. I do not know how to use SimPE, just saying. I haven't had any experiance with that at all, but I do have it. Anyone that can explain all this to me, :worship: i worship. Thanks! ~~zammy

---
sorry, I must have clicked the button twice on acctident and now i cant figure out how to delete it. I'm sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:06:07 pm by zammy » Logged

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
zammy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:48 pm »

I'm working on my first sim item right now. I have made clothes in the past, but they were only recolors. I have done nothing with my meshing program, Wings3D, in the form of creating for Sims. I do know my way around it, basically, but after I create the item, I have no idea what to do with it.

First off, I want to create a cane to finalize a House MD sim. Firstly, I want to know how to curve the handle a little better to make it look more like House's cane and I can't figure out how to do that. I made this by creating a torus and scaling a part of that down.

Secondly, I need to know how to get it into Gimp to color it.

Thirdly I need to know how to put it into sims and make it so it can actually be used as an accessory. I do not know how to use SimPE, just saying. I haven't had any experiance with that at all, but I do have it. Anyone that can explain all this to me, :worship: i worship. Thanks! ~Zammy

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:22 pm »

pwew, your asking alot Cheesy
I think its best you start by following some tutorials here or at mts2.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: