Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:24:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apt. Icons missing in Neighborhood Mode  (Read 2428 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:00:50 pm »

Ok, I have removed all my hacks, including the insimenator, and I still have no Apt. building icons hovering in the air in Neighborhood View. All I have now in my Downloads folder is CC stuff/Eaxis Stuff for clothes,etc. I ran the game on another Windows account, no downloads in place, and I get the icons where they should be. Anyone else having this problem, and perhaps figured out what is making the icons go PFFFT?

25 surgeries by age 30,2 1/2 feet of scarring on upper torso,Quarter pound or so of titanium in jaws and cheeks, and 2 foot long rods hooked into spine.
After all that, and much more, still saying 'C'mon, Fate, give me more. I'M STILL STANDING!"Cheesy
BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:59:04 pm »

Just started delving into my downloads using Delphy's organizer, separating them more precisely, and trying each group by itself in the game. At least maybe I can find the group of downloads that is the starting point of the icons going PFFT;it's after that,sifting thru each download in the suspect group thats gonna be a pain in the ass. Can we say load up Sims 2 umpteen times?

Ok, just loaded up AL on my windows account, with only the CEP from May in the game, and the icons are there, so that rules out the CEP;one down, ummm, 12000 to go,lol.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 06:10:45 pm by BionixWV33 » Logged

25 surgeries by age 30,2 1/2 feet of scarring on upper torso,Quarter pound or so of titanium in jaws and cheeks, and 2 foot long rods hooked into spine.
After all that, and much more, still saying 'C'mon, Fate, give me more. I'M STILL STANDING!"Cheesy
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:17:44 pm »

You could do the method caffeinated.joy and Tenshii~Akari usually suggest - split your downloads into halves - then half again the problem half again until you've isolated the problem file.
BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:30 pm »

I appreciate the advice,Trepie, but I'll keep that in mind for future problems, as I already took the time to sort,lol.

Anyways, Progress Report: Loaded game with CEP, vehicles, and object recolors, icons are good, so cars and recolors passed.

Kathy, or whoever is mod of this sub-forum, should I just append earlier posts of mine with progress reports for others who might run into the same problem, or just quick reply here?

BionixWV33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:12:27 am »

Ok, found out it was something in my CC Object Meshes sub-folder that was making the apt. icons go bye-bye. What exact file or files in there was causing the problem I dunno, cause there was 143 files in there. My advice to anyone having the same problem as I had is to snag Delphy's Download Organizer, then scan & separate the files labeled "Mesh", then go from there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: