Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:08:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Few things bugging me about AL  (Read 22627 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:48:05 am »

1. You can't seem to change the Roommate's clothes. Or so it appears to me right now anyway, unless someone tells me different.

2. It seems to me at the moment that you can't get your neighbour evicted and have a new one move in.

3. You can't move a new sim you created into an apartment nextdoor to a family you've moved into an apartment on the same lot. Seems one family, one apartment lot, all the rest NPCs.

4. The same NPC sims move into the apartments everytime. Unless my game has gone nuts already after a couple of days of play. LOL.

5. One more thing I just remembered. Still, no bunk beds. Grrrrrrrr.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 01:50:58 am by Dizzymental » Logged
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:08 am »

1. No you can't as of yet, I took my roommate shopping and she still couldn't change clothes.

2. No

3. You can if as soon as you move someone in, Save and exit the lot, the other unit /s are available.

4. I haven't noticed.

5. Very true
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 02:21:09 am »

Christianlov's clothing rack works fine for outfitting the roommates and npc tenants.  As an alternative, the Townie and NPC Maker, spawned while testing cheats are enabled, has an option to change clothing for townies and NPCs.

Actually you can move a playable sim into an apartment that you already have one in.  No need to move one in and save as jaccirocker says.  At any time, you can select the apartment to move to and you will be given an option that allows them to move into the same unit (merging households) or into a different unit.  If you chose different unit, the npc sims "move out" and you new sim can chose to move into any of the non-player occupied units.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:52:35 am »

Yes, thanks for the replies. You're right, I've just discovered that you can move playable sims into the apartments next to your sim families already living on the lot. It evicts the NPCs and replaces them. And thanks for the clothes hack/advice. Cheers. Smiley
patdee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 10:07:43 am »

It is the same Npcs everytime you move into an apartment I have moved a sim in and out several times and it is the same set of npcs everytime. but what I did find is before you move sell the kitchen and bathroom, move out then back in the kitchen and bathroom are there again so you make a profit ( do not sell things you bought as you will just have to replace them) only good for people who don't use money cheats.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:53:45 am »

Hopefully somebody will come up with a hack/mod or details of how to change the pool of sims that EP8 uses for the apartment residents. That way we'll be able to change the sims that move in eventually.
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 08:31:59 am »

What are NPC's

dont laugh - I've seen it written everywhere but still not sure what they are ?
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:34:42 am »

non playable characters.

To deal with my sims having to er, deal with the same NPCs all the time, I'm using my vampires to cull them if they appear on the different lots more than once.
I have to say, as weird as it sounds, it's really fun culling townies using my vampires xD

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 02:20:23 am »

You can also cull ("Kill") them using the gun from Paladin's site. Anyway, back to things bugging me about AL... there's more...

6. You can't make a roomie or neighbour pregnant (unless my game is broken - very likely). Don't know why Maxis removed or changed that, doesn't make sense to me that you can't try for baby with a roommate or neighbour. I can see where there would be a problem with NPCs but with your own playable sim neighbours, the option to make them pregnant should be there.

7. It appears you can only have four families on an apartment lot in apartments, all the rest are NPCs (apartment dwellers from a very small pool of ugly sims). So no matter how many apartments you build, you can use only four of them.

8. So far (again unless my game is broken), you can't complain to the landlord/lady about the noise in a building, only about roaches. Seems pretty obvious to me that this option should be available in a "realistic" game.  

9. A playable sim who becomes a witch/warlock makes very annoying changes in dress. When you make them study the path of light or dark, the clothes keep switching to represent their inclination to the light or dark side of magic. It's really really THE. MOST. ANNOYING. THING. EVER. to have them keep changing into a different hat and cape, and going green, and then back again, just because you used a neutral spell or a dark spell or suddenly decided to use a good one. This happens when you're on the cusp of good/evil/neutral witchiness. Hopefully there will be a "Don't-change-into-witch-clothes-you-stupid-sim" hack, quite soon. Smiley

10. The change to green when a sim becomes thoroughly evil just makes most sims looks like deflated puny versions of the hulk when they dress for bed or do the naked thang etc.  

Finally, and this probably has nothing to do with AL bugs, but just for your amusement, here's something weird. You've seen the Elephant Man, well here's The BookHand Boy. Terrible afflication, happens when you read too much. Poor kid can't even sleep properly. No cure as yet ... LOL

* snapshot_f5cf1355_f5d115ec.jpg (11.9 KB, 400x300 - viewed 877 times.)

* snapshot_f5cf1355_95d117ac.jpg (10.09 KB, 400x300 - viewed 776 times.)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 02:35:58 am »

6.  This is the way it's always been.  Only a currently playable (read selectable) sim can become pregnant.  If you want the risk of a playable neighbor to become pregnant, you have to make that sim selectable.

7.  I looked into modding this.  Unfortunately it appears to be built into the executable and cannot be modded.  I'm still digging though.

8.  I've had the option to complain about the noise.  When the noise is on going, check the phone if the landlord isn't around.

9.  Make up your mind if you want to be good, neutral or evil   lol

10.  Check the game mods here for a hack to do away with the witch skin tones.  While you're at it, get my mod to enable witches clothes to be worn as outerwear and formal.  Otherwise that will be on your next list  Tongue
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:46 am »

About 7, keep digging please. Would love to be able to place more than four families on the apartment lots. Smiley

As for 8, I plan on trying this. Thanks.
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »

Haha got one more to add to the list:

11. We need a hack or something to stop the idiot landlords from buying a pizza that nobody eats and calling it an apartment party. Most ridiculous thing ever. Smiley

By the way, I found the hack today to stop witches changing skin colour. On ModTheSim2. All I need now is one to stop them changing colour when they get too cold, and my machine might even stop chugging. LOL

Still no cure for BookHand Boy, who is now BookHand Teen. Soon to be BookHand Man. I'm gonna make him BookHand Dead if it keeps up.
ToxicKitten

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 05:39:55 pm »

lol @ "BookHand Dead"

i'm not sure exactly, but i think there is something that keeps the sim from changing when cold.

:smt115  i lick electrical outlets for fun
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 01:44:23 am »

I wouldn't use Boolprop to age them. Boolprop can weird up your game at the best of times.

Remove your hacks. That's the first thing I'd try. Or try using Insimenator to change their age; brilliant piece of kit that usually fixes any problem. Well, except for Bookhand Boy. Smiley

If all else fails, remove Uni. It's the least interesting expansion pack anyway. More a drudgery than a game. And who wants to be reminded of all that studying? I certainly don't. Makes me ill just thinking about the days and nights I spent poring over texts. Don't want to simulate it in a game God help us. Smiley
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 07:11:04 am »

TO fix BookhandBoy, run "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", shift click the kid, force an error, click delete. Save and exit the lot.
He should appear by the mailbox without the books in hand.

I've had this happen with the "spray paint" for the car before this EP came out, and with the wand in this  EP.

This fixed my sims.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: