Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:44:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL Update for noDropServingPlatter  (Read 3457 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Magicmoon

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 01:41:31 am »

I've been using noDropServingPlatter for a long time and it has always worked well. That is, until I installed FT or AL. I'm not sure which one broke it because I installed them close together. Anyway, they are back to dropping the serving platter on the floor if the serve action gets cancelled for any reason.

I have the original file if you need it.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT, AL
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:22:05 am »

Okay, I verified this mod called No Drop Serving Platter. The mod is clean for AL.

Try the mod and let us know.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:23:48 pm »

From the mod description I am reading, it does not sound like it is suppose to stop sims from dropping plates if the action is cancel but I could be wrong.

It seems to only stop other sims from forcing one to move and drop a serving plate.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:26:02 pm »

That is correct MissDoh if you cancel they will drop it.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 01:10:56 am »

There are certain actions that will stomp the action from the Sim's queue and will force the Sim to drop the serving platter or even a plate on the floor or ground. But I will keep this thread open for a response back from magicmoon to see if it works with AL.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Magicmoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:32:15 pm »

Sorry, got lost and couldn't find this thread again.

My senility must be showing because I could swear that this mod made a Sim place it on the counter when cancelling it from the queue, as well as whenever serving was interupted. I'm pretty sure that it was working like that in my game. I'm not going by the mod description but rather by past observed behavior, or so I thought. I originally downloaded it because I had a mother with a large family who kept starving because she took so long to serve all the plates and I wanted her to place it on the counter if I cancelled her serve action.

Sorry for the inconvenience then, I'll keep a watch to see if they are placing it on the counter when simply interupted.

Carry on then, nothing to see here but confused old people.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT, AL
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:48:03 pm »

Okay, do let us know if this is still an issue for you to see Sims dropping serving plates or bowls on the floor when an action is canceled in their queues.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 05:20:42 pm »

Thread is now closed. Haven't heard from the OP about the suggestion. The mod is clean and safe to use with Apartment Life.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: