Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:58:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SecuROM is REALLY busting my chops.  (Read 3841 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:23:28 pm »

Not very sims related... well it kinda is. EA is starting to get REALLY annoying.  My brother just bought SPORE.. really cute game btw.. but I can't get over how freaking STUPID this 3 install limit is. And he has this thing that he has to install every game on his computer and my parent's computer...And yesterday he took the game to my cousins place and installed it there without knowing about the 3 install limit.. and when I tried to install on my computer just after the installation pops-up a window telling me that the game cant be installed more than 3 times.:punch: I'm soooooooooo MAD. :chainsaw:

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:27:07 pm »

I'm so sorry.

That's why I'm never buying a EAxis game again.

I don't trust them or that copy protection.

They will never see another penny out of me.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Dusty101weir

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:19:27 pm »

the 3 intall limit is why i've taken to saving all my sims games to a removal hard drive and plugging it into what ever machine i want to use. because the 2 computer and my laptop are all on a network it works fine, just wish it didn't take so long to back them all up

it's not about whether you win or lose, it's about whether the other team noticed you cheating...
hobo jones and the junkyard dogs  -  support your local hobos
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:44:02 pm »

You and about 300 other people...at least on Amazon.Com's customer reviews have damned EA for having the 3 install limit. They're bombing the site for this, and I can't blame them at all.
It was unnecessary and stupid for EA to do this to their paying customers. They've lost more sales past and future due to this than any other complaint.
This is why the site that's listed on my siggy is getting more and more people signing up. We know the problems..and we're here to help. BTW, Insim does support us, so this isn't blatant subversive advertising.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 06:07:51 pm »

Wink Moving this to the General Sims 2 section, since it's really not a help question.  I don't blame you for ranting though... I still feel some kind of way about them keeping it that way.  :lol:

ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:46:58 pm »

Was it in the help section? I could swear I posted it in General Discussion area.. sorry for this :smt120

anyways...I was discussing the 3 limit install with my brother and he said he thinks they will release a patch fixing it like they did with Bioshock. Well, who knows... But I really hope its true.. Sad

EA indeed is evil, but gotta love their games. And that's what makes it even more annoying.

Want me? Go get me!
Petco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 01:17:36 am »

EA games should do what Valve and Steam does(and Blizzard is also going to set up a service similar to Steam).

Steam offers a lot of protection against pirates due to the fact that you buy games directly from Steam(online store/account), and the games are tied directly to your account.

Good thing about Steam is that it doesn't install anything else, no CD protection, no securom, no hidden programs that track what you're doing, etc.

Of course, the main(maybe only) con about steam is that you require internet connection for Steam but you only need internet connection when you download and install stuff for Steam.

You can play offline afterwards once you've downloaded and installed the game from Steam.

Blizzard is also going to this route(though it's not the "exact" same as Valve and Steam), allowing people to download/buy games directly from the Blizzard online store, NO SECUROM INCLUDED!!!!(Or at least, I don't think so).

So EA games should get heads up and copy Valve's method with Steam, which offers a "Securom-free solution against pirates".
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 03:22:19 am »

Ive got SPORE now, Im not really caring too much, I mean, i got it for a unbeatable price.
3 Install limit? Thats disgusting.

Im not registering my game. and sure as HELL not going online with the game running. Hopefully that way EA can keep their claws and evil eyes off me. Why are we being treated like criminals?
Thats just BEGGING people to find illegal or cracked copies of their games online which have been stripped of SecuRom and the other bull to cut the crap.

Hey, if youre being treated like a pirate, might as well act like one, dont you think
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:28:23 am »

Someone reviewing Massive Effect (which also has this limit) suggested that this isn't to curb piracy, it's more to kill the second-hand games market - which is even more disgusting ¬_¬

I wasn't sure about the 3 install being for computers or times, but either way the people like me who often replace parts are gonna be screwed over.

Pretty ironic though, that these games with SR are being cracked on/before release day :laughing:

No requests please
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:32 am »

Quote from: Petco;1371915
EA games should do what Valve and Steam does(and Blizzard is also going to set up a service similar to Steam).

Steam offers a lot of protection against pirates due to the fact that you buy games directly from Steam(online store/account), and the games are tied directly to your account.

Good thing about Steam is that it doesn't install anything else, no CD protection, no securom, no hidden programs that track what you're doing, etc.

Of course, the main(maybe only) con about steam is that you require internet connection for Steam but you only need internet connection when you download and install stuff for Steam.

You can play offline afterwards once you've downloaded and installed the game from Steam.

Blizzard is also going to this route(though it's not the "exact" same as Valve and Steam), allowing people to download/buy games directly from the Blizzard online store, NO SECUROM INCLUDED!!!!(Or at least, I don't think so).

So EA games should get heads up and copy Valve's method with Steam, which offers a "Securom-free solution against pirates".

This is a really good idea..

Quote from: Tomkat;1372007
Ive got SPORE now, Im not really caring too much, I mean, i got it for a unbeatable price.
3 Install limit? Thats disgusting.

Im not registering my game. and sure as HELL not going online with the game running. Hopefully that way EA can keep their claws and evil eyes off me. Why are we being treated like criminals?
Thats just BEGGING people to find illegal or cracked copies of their games online which have been stripped of SecuRom and the other bull to cut the crap.

Hey, if youre being treated like a pirate, might as well act like one, dont you think

haha just like me I don't register anything.. ever.

Yea, and the stupidest thing is that you can run the game without the CD. And for avoiding the "borrowing" the game for a friend thing, it would be a lot easier if it didn't have the limit and you just couldn't run the game without the CD. :smt120

Quote from: Sadie79;1372263
Someone reviewing Massive Effect (which also has this limit) suggested that this isn't to curb piracy, it's more to kill the second-hand games market - which is even more disgusting ¬_¬

I wasn't sure about the 3 install being for computers or times, but either way the people like me who often replace parts are gonna be screwed over.

Pretty ironic though, that these games with SR are being cracked on/before release day :laughing:

EA really makes me gag. :sad4:

At least they should have a FUNCTIONING line where you could call for info. Or at least answer our emails would be a good start. :punch:

Want me? Go get me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: