Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:49:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL 'gift' moving hack?  (Read 4497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:32:33 pm »

I was wondering you'd consider making a hack that will allow sim's living in apartment's to move gifts they are left. Gifts, such as date flowers, genie lamps, etc, are unmovable when given due to being on/in the common area of the apartment and end up cluttering up the lot to the point the lot becomes unplayable. I know there are cheat codes, but they just give errors for me or just plain dont work, also it'd be nice to simply have them capable of picking them up and moving them, such as the 'gift' computer that came with an earlier ep, that the sims open and lands in there inventory...anything basically would be such a welcome reliefe!
Thanks for reading

Ranger.

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
chemcourt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:15:28 pm »

I know that for me, when the gifts get dropped, if I go to buy mode, and grab it in buy mode, and then set it in the house, I can then go get it.  I know you can't place things outside of that is considered the sim's rental property, but I have managed to move the things inside where they can pick them up.  

To be clear, I have not attempted this with date gifts, or anything, just the free computer present.
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:00 am »

The free computer is the only thing that I am able to move, but I have the sim do that as the game treats it differently. Why EAxis didnt choose to treat all dropp-off's in a similer manner for AL is beyond me.

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
chemcourt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:30 am »

my guess is lazy coding.  yep.  that's my guess.
Kaloo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:01 am »

If anyone could figure this out, I'd be very grateful as well. Moveobjects on doesn't seem to work for gifts from other characters and I don't want piles of things sitting on my porch forever. I don't mind just using other cheatcodes either, if anyone can figure out what works.
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:10:40 am »

I can place dating gifts in there inventury by just picking them up but I can't pick up the lamp...

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 11:08:53 am »

Can you please state your latest expansion pack and list what gift objects could not be picked up off the floor/ground in the commons area? Gift objects such as date flowers, flaming bags of poo, custom novels and so on.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 11:44:52 am »

This is a problem that's been mentioned a lot on MATY, and is something I gather is exclusive to apartments. It's to do with the common area not being part of the apartment issue, and I hear from there it's anything dropped off as an outing or date gift. I don't know if it's only some things or all of them, as I haven't played apartments that much.

Which reminds me. I've heard of an alarming problem regarding sims' deaths on apartments - when the last sim dies the gravestones get moved to some random place, and the people complaining of this issue can't always find the tombstones :? No idea if this is fixable by the community or not :dontknow:

No requests please
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 12:10:50 pm »

This was also mentioned at Simbology.com too about the apartment issues people were experiencing with the objects being left in the commons area when they weren't supposed to be. Newspapers is one of the minor problems when a tenant or a walkby picks up the newspaper and goes into the commons to read and then put the newspapers down. Then it becomes ruined. My Sim then can't bring the newspaper in.

Yes, this issue is one of my biggest pet peeves with Apartment Life. What were they thinking when they designed this EP? I heard that some urns or gravestones could not be reached by adults if they were on a random lot in the Uni hood.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: