Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:28:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Ceiling . . . -_-  (Read 2523 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:52:17 am »

Hmm.

I got rid of all my mods, and used Download Organizer to check if there were any sneaky ones left over.
I installed my shiny new Apartment Life (ooh the shiny shiny new cd cover), all excited about finally having ceilings!  I entered the game, went on the new neighbourhood and . . .

No ceiling was to be found in any house or apartment.

I then went on Google searching for how ceilings work, then on a house I had made I went on 'Floors and Ceilings' in Build Mode.  I entered 45 degree angle mode, and I can't see any squares or anything on the ceiling to put my ceiling tiles.  Are there meant to be?  I waved my mouse all over the place and it refuses to cooperate and gimme what I want.

I triple quadruple checked if I had any mods in my folder, disabled custom content in the game, moved my downloads, savedsims, and projects folders to my desktop, and uninstalled my beloved CEP just in case.  It still refuses to show me ceilings.

I even went as far as to install all my Sims games onto my other computer with no mods or anything on there, still it didn't give me ceilings.  What am I doing wrong?

I want my ceilings!!  Is there anyone else with a problem like this or is it just my computers hate me -_-

I resorted to using those downloadable ceiling tiles but it's just not the same and I have to delete them whenever I want to edit a room . . .
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:08:06 am by Annoree » Logged

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:02:04 am »

Click the brand new shiny toggle that controls ceiling visibility on the Control Panel.
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:10:30 am »

HAH!  What a dumbarse I am. I'll go try and find that now. Thanks Wink

They need better instructions in the manual.

Edit: OMG I can't believe I didn't see it >_<  It's right at the bottom left corner, in case there are any other people who can't find it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:16:57 am by Annoree » Logged

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: