Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:24:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims stuck in place!  (Read 9547 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:50:48 pm »

When my family loads, my sims won't move.  The time stays stuck, and when i click somewhere for them to go it doesn't say "go here" it says "*teleport"

No matter how many times I fast forward time, it stays at 8am.

When I go into build mode, it won't let me put any objects in my apartment. It just says location out of bounds no matter where I try to put.

does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Want to be special?  Be a BAM fan!

http://www.bamforbeginners.com
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:53:40 pm »

It sounds like a mod conflict.
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:12:10 pm »

Yeah, i looked and i do have some teleport mods.  I'm going to take them out and see if it works.

Thanks.

BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:48:32 pm »

So I took out the teleport mods, and it fixed the (*teleport) problem.  Everything else still doesn't work though.  I guess I'm going to have to take everything out and put it in bit by bit.  Sad

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:52:06 pm »

Ugh! I've had to do that before and it is not fun. What I do is copy the downloads folder, then empty the one in the Sims2 folder and add them back 10 at a time until the problem shows up. Then I can zero in on it. The oposite way works as well, copying and then removing 10 at a whack until it goes away. Either way it is a pain in the a$$.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:58:28 pm »

The simplest way I've found of doing this is splitting your downloads in half and installing one half, checking your game, then taking out and repeating with the other half. Hopefully one will be fine and the other will give you problems. Take the problem half and split it again and keep repeating this until you've found the culprit.

Also, if you haven't done this already, take all you mods/hacks and put them in a subfolders within your Downloads folder so you can easily pull it out if you have a conflict. I also suggest you check all your mods and make sure they are updating for AL or have been confirmed by the creator to be compatible. If they haven't, I suggest you remove those ones from your game and wait for them to be updated/confirmed to work. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »

I have a hack subfolder in my downloads, so I'm going to move that one first, and if doesn't work, then I'm going to have to move everything out in pieces.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it works.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 02:02:51 pm »

Kewl. Good luck!
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 02:03:46 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1372448
The simplest way I've found of doing this is splitting your downloads in half and installing one half, checking your game, then taking out and repeating with the other half. Hopefully one will be fine and the other will give you problems. Take the problem half and split it again and keep repeating this until you've found the culprit.

Also, if you haven't done this already, take all you mods/hacks and put them in a subfolders within your Downloads folder so you can easily pull it out if you have a conflict. I also suggest you check all your mods and make sure they are updating for AL or have been confirmed by the creator to be compatible. If they haven't, I suggest you remove those ones from your game and wait for them to be updated/confirmed to work. Smiley

I do have a hack folder.  That sounds like a good plan with the splitting in half.  

I know all the hacks and mods in my hack folder are updated, because I deleted every hack in there when i installed AL.  but there could have been a few that were just in my regular downloads folder that slipped through the cracks.

Thank you guys so much for your help.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:06:28 pm »

I'd say "have fun", but I somehow suspect that it won't be. I like Joy's splitting in half better, too. I've been beating myself up for nothing. Duh!
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 02:29:16 pm »

I'd first run the "Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility"
you can get it a Paladins Place it might show something that helps befor the long File hunt!
BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 07:06:05 pm »

So I removed my hacks folder, and whatever it is, it isn't in there. :lol

This is going to suck!

star782

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 06:55:47 am »

what I do is know use a lot of sub folder labeling evreything I used to not do that and I ended  up having to delete my whole download folder
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03:16 am »

It's possible that it's an object/custom food/custom career in your game causing your sims to stay "frozen".  What you might want to do is enable debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and see if you get an error box to appear when you load that lot.  If you do, take note of what it says and the name and location of the error log, then find it and attach it to your next post.  Seeing that error box and what's inside the log may help you narrow your problem down.  Wink

(And a temporary fix when you just want to play the lot itself and "ignore" the error for that moment, just click on "Delete".  Whatever was deleted, say a career or sim, will respawn themselves upon exiting and returning to that specific lot.  Objects that come up in the error box, on the other hand, will be deleted from the lot permanently... and you'd have to buy that object again if you want it back, though it may throw you the same error each time you try to.  Wink )

BAMfanatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 11:54:56 pm »

Sorry it's been so long since I updated.   The only file I see showing up that says it conflicts after I take everything out is

3dade26f104224369a7003a3432eda42_0002.package

But I can't find the file anywhere!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: