Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:21:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer geniuses please help me  (Read 3051 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:37:04 pm »

http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080907235951AAHlerV

I have started this question at yahooanswers. It will explain everything. Mods if this is not allowed feel free to delete the post. I just thought insim members would be able to help. I am panicking cause this is a very expensive laptop I have "crashed"
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:52:25 pm »

Have you tried anything those people suggested?

Because, if I'm not mistaken, they're right.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:00:55 pm »

Yes, I have tried everything they told me. I was a bit weary of changing the virtual memory size but I did that as well. I am so worried that this is the end of it now. I am gonna phone Harvey Norman from who I bought the laptop and see if they can help me. Can you believe I just finished paying the laptop off and now it had to go and crash. Sad
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:05:01 pm »

I'm sorry.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:07:39 pm »

Ok, so I spoke to HP... How helpfull are they .Sad A person pays 4500 dollars for a laptop from them, and they said it is not their problem it is a microsoft problem :cry: I am getting panicky now. I need to study on this laptop it can not crash now Sad
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 05:34:53 pm »

You might want to look at this:
Re: "not enough memory error" w/photo gallery
The solution is to remove the profiles installed by your monitor drivers. To do this, go to Control Panel, Color Management, click on tab "All Profiles", and remove any profile associated with your monitor. Also, change your monitor driver back to "Generic PnP Monitor" or generic Digital Flat if thats what you have. Good luck.

[taken from bottom post @ http://www.vistax64.com/vista-music-pictures-video/86466-not-enough-memory-error-w-photo-gallery.html]

Hope this helps , sorry if it doesn't - I just googled it, I myself have no idea how to solve the problem^^
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

Have you tried using CCleaner and AdAware to get rid of those "infected" files and any broken registry keys?  (I have the 2007 version, and that removes all of the scanned files for free.  I'm not sure of the latest version, but there's a chance that they still have that feature available.  :angel:)

And of course, *points to Trepie's post*  the above may work for ya if that doesn't help.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:41:02 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:48:22 pm »

Trepie I was so sure your post would help me, but when I went into the colourmanagement folders it was all done allready. There were no files associated with my monitor and it was also allready set as they say above Sad Thanks so much for that post it was super great. I really thought it was going to work.

Tenshii I have tried the cleaninstaller and will give the adware a go now
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:00:33 am »

Just an update.

I took my Pc to the techies and they wanted to charge me 85 dollars to recover my laptop (format) I asked them which button does it and they whispered f11. I came home and recovered my laptop and it is now working. The problem was Vista ofcourse. It did not like my printer/scanner's software and went all coocoo on me Cheesy But I am ok now so this can be locked now. I am busy installing all my sims again LOL
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 09:21:36 am »

:lol:  Glad you got lucky on that one.  Would've sucked if you had to pay that much for one simple action.  (I know I've had my share of near brushes with the Geek Squad because of not being able to figure something out.)

Happy simming!  :smile bi:

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 09:41:51 am »

good for you congratulation on finding your trouble.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 02:22:42 pm »

Thanks Tenshii and RedRoseTea, I am so happy it is fixed now. I also have a clean slate again with my sims. gotta reinstall everything Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: