Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:16:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads for Houses  (Read 1615 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pfctjoy

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:41:07 pm »

I am not sure I am downloading the houses and using the Sims Installer pack correctly when it comes to the houses that are custom.  I know I get it to work for Sims, but when it comes to the houses I do not see them showing up in my neighborhoods.  If someone could direct me to a thread that gives instructions on how this process should work it would be FABULOUS!!!  The reason I know that I MUST be doing something wrong is I downloaded one and did the Sims Installer Pack and had to remove everything out of my download folder that was installed because it kept crashing the actual program when I tried to run it.  I don't know what it was about that particular house, but it did not sit well with Sims 2 or the way that I installed it.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:29:32 pm »

You'll find your downloaded houses in the Houses Bin.

You have to make sure the house and any Custom Content included with the house is compatible with the EP's you have.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
pfctjoy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:53:42 am »

Thanks for replying.  I decided to try my hand at building my own.  I've done enough "remodeling" in other Sims games that I thought this would be a breeze.  The only problem that I keep running into is that since my house is not completely square I am unable to place windows on 45 degree angle areas.  Is this a bug in the game, because I know I can do it in Sims Life Stories.  Feedback appreciated.  Thanks so much!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:56:17 am »

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false

Try using that cheat.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
pfctjoy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:52 pm »

I tried that cheat and it kept giving an error.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:15:06 pm »

Quote from: pfctjoy;1373538
Thanks for replying.  I decided to try my hand at building my own.  I've done enough "remodeling" in other Sims games that I thought this would be a breeze.  The only problem that I keep running into is that since my house is not completely square I am unable to place windows on 45 degree angle areas.  Is this a bug in the game, because I know I can do it in Sims Life Stories.  Feedback appreciated.  Thanks so much!!

Some windows (and some doors and some curtains, for that matter) include diagonal versions, some don't. You'll just have to experiment with different ones until you find one you want to use which includes a diagonal capability.

Also, when placing doors or windows, make sure that moveobjects is off or else in some instances the doors or window will show fine in Build Mode, but will not show in Live Mode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: