Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to Install?  (Read 2278 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
b3x

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:44:26 am »

I'm contemplating buying AL. Is it safe to install it or is it riddled with problems that are best left alone? Last time I installed Freetime my game did not work and I had to start all over again.

P.S. I have alot of downloads.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:16:34 am by b3x » Logged
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 12:53:23 pm »

Honestly speaking, every sims 2 game that's been released contains bugs and glitches, regaurdless if you had no downloads. Which means we are actually buying a game still in beta stages, not that EAxis actually cares about that. Most of this community knows that these ep's are never going to function properly and you run the risk of installing Securom, leaving your computer with a new problem than what you asked for. It's up to you if you choose to install AL, but dont be suprised about having similar problems like the last ep.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:26:10 pm »

IMO, completely free of mods and custom content, AL has the fewest amount of critical problems of any of the EPs.  

That being said, AL will give you the most problems with mods, in particular mods that add new behaviors that EA hadn't included in the game before.  After playing for around a week with no mods I started to add them back in and found that new features were no longer available.  When finally tracking down the mod that caused the loss of the new features, it was a mod that logically was completely unrelated to it.

Before making a decision to install it or not, track down your favorite mods and find out if they've been updated to AL or if they are okay as is.  If your must have mods aren't compatible, it won't matter how bug free or buggy AL is, you won't be happy with it.
b3x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

To Decora: I get what you're saying, but some EPs seem to give less problems than others. Uni and NL worked fine but it seems it went downhill from there imo

ancienthighway: Thanks, I think it's about time to organize my download folder anyway!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: