Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't know if this is where to post this??  (Read 2629 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
littlebitmore

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:24:54 pm »

Hey guys!

So here's my problem. I've just installed apartment life and a mailbox that came with a house i downloaded replaced the apartment mailbox and I decided to categorize my downloads to try and locate the file that was causing the problem. So at the same time my net went down which I didn't think was a problem but its since that happened that I've had a problem. While going through the downloads and locating the file I open and closed the game several times. Since then the game won't start. I have no idea what has happened I've started trying to start it up with my task manager and the process starts but then cuts out before my game starts up. I'm beginning to get quite upset because I just got the game and have only managed to play it twice and now its not working Sad I've spent two days going through my computer and I still have no internet so I'm having to try and find help from another computer. I ran the system analysis it suggests if your having problems but I currently have no way to send it to the help desk people. Can someone please point me in the direction of help?Huh??
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 06:00:53 pm »

Move your downloads folder to the desltop and see if the game will start then.
littlebitmore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 05:59:39 am »

yeah I did this already it didn't seem to make a difference. It still won't start up. Any other ideas?
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:38:36 am »

Look in the my documents EA games and check all the folders for User Startup Cheats. Delete it. I thing its in Config if I recall where I had to remove mine from.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:07:00 am »

Unless you have a mailbox overrite or recolors, this is a know problem with AL. The big mailbox reverts back to the default single mailboxes. Pescado has a fix here, although it only fixes some of the known issues and it is not the "official patch".  As for the game unable to start, try deleteing your "Groups.cache" file every so often after gameplay. Located in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2".

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
littlebitmore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:25:05 am »

Thanks thats fixed it. It's a mailbox overrite I have and I've been trying to get rid of it for ages its like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!! But I'm determined to find it! x
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: