Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: More Family Members & Pets 12 - AL (UPDATED)  (Read 88437 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »

Unzip this file to "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config" & let me know if it works Smiley

* userStartup.zip (0.27 KB - downloaded 354 times.)

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 11:20:29 pm »

Ah, I see what you're talking about. The mod limits 6 pets per residential lot and per apartment household (not the apartment lot). And no your pets won't have the option to try for puppies or kittens if your family has 6 pets.

That is the maximum allowed for pets.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Sari

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 12:35:22 pm »

This doesn't seem to work in my game... the family has 8 sims and only one pet but the parents can't try for a baby or adopt a child. Or maybe it's supposed to work like this... is there a mod that allows more sims, I don't care about the pets that much.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 11:47:45 am »

Can you actually direct your couple to try for a baby or adopt a child? There are other factors in not being able to adopt a child: funds is usually the reason to allow your Sims to adopt or not.

You can try this in combination with the mod by following the steps and then direct your Sims to try for a baby or adopt a child:

1. Use Windows Explorer and go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\**Your User Name**\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

2. If you don't have a userStartup file in that location, you can create one with Notepad. **Don't use WordPad, Microsoft Works or any other word processor program since these programs use special formatting rules. Notepad doesn't and is ideal for editing the userStartup file.**

3. Open a new document in Notepad and type the following three lines:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50 <>
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35 <>
uintProp maxTotalPets 15 <>

<> is what you should do after typing the line.
**Total Sims MUST equal the number of Humans and Pets.**

4. Save the file as userStartup.cfg in the same location:

C:\Documents and Settings\** Your User Name**\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

The above lines will enable you to have more Sims on a given residential lot, whether it be a normal residential lot or an apartment lot. The mod is to let you have up to 12 but not more.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Sari

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2008, 07:53:42 am »

Thanks I'll try adding those lines to my userstartUp file. The family has enough funds (over 40,000) to adopt and the parents have about 6 days left before turning elders so they should be able to try for a baby. Maybe it's my computer that's acting up again, it has been very annoying lately Smiley
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 08:18:16 am »

Thank you
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 10:47:19 am »

Quote from: Sari;1430666
the parents have about 6 days left before turning elders Smiley

That's your problem there. Female adults with less than 7 days left in their adult life stages generally do not try for a baby at that point. You can give them a couple more days to try for a baby. Best advice is to get them to around 10 days left for an extra measure. The male adults, just like in real life, can try for a baby even when they're elders.

Good luck!

Dancing Squirrels
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57:55 am »

The cheat does actually work for me, which is great.  Smiley
UCFit

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 10:21:10 am »

I redownloaded when the update was first posted, and then again. But, the game will only let me have the usual 8.  Sad
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2008, 11:40:04 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1426447
Can you actually direct your couple to try for a baby or adopt a child? There are other factors in not being able to adopt a child: funds is usually the reason to allow your Sims to adopt or not.

You can try this in combination with the mod by following the steps and then direct your Sims to try for a baby or adopt a child:

1. Use Windows Explorer and go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\**Your User Name**\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

2. If you don't have a userStartup file in that location, you can create one with Notepad. **Don't use WordPad, Microsoft Works or any other word processor program since these programs use special formatting rules. Notepad doesn't and is ideal for editing the userStartup file.**

3. Open a new document in Notepad and type the following three lines:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50 <>
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35 <>
uintProp maxTotalPets 15 <>

<> is what you should do after typing the line.
**Total Sims MUST equal the number of Humans and Pets.**

4. Save the file as userStartup.cfg in the same location:

C:\Documents and Settings\** Your User Name**\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

The above lines will enable you to have more Sims on a given residential lot, whether it be a normal residential lot or an apartment lot. The mod is to let you have up to 12 but not more.

I did not need to repeat what was already said in the thread so far. Please read through all posts before asking what had already been asked before.

Dancing Squirrels
LysAka

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2008, 01:17:27 pm »

Thanks a lot for you great hack Smiley
ajy0903

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2008, 05:58:03 pm »

Nice.
Great job.
I have one question.
Is there any mod that can allow more then 12 sims a lot, including any playable sims and npc sims and npc sims in university?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 04:24:39 am »

Yes, granted that your machine can handle more than 12 or maybe more than 15 Sims on a lot. Ancient Highway made an update to Lot Full of Sims and gave instructions on how to use it here.

Keep in mind that not everyone can handle more than 12 in total on a given lot whether it be a normal or apartment lot in the normal hood or uni hood.

Dancing Squirrels
wendylady

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 10:09:51 pm »

hi will this also work for UV lots so i can have more then the 8 college sims in one dorm? If not can you suggest one too me please.

Ty for you work
wendy
yoyo23

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:38 pm »

thanks  cool

:worship: ignorance.is.bliss :worship:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: