Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:47:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Family Members & Pets 12 - AL (UPDATED)  (Read 88387 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Starrbaby

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »

Will it make any difference if you insert the

unitProp maxTotalSims #
(Etc... Blah Blah Blah)
(Etc.. Yeah Yeah Yeah)

Into the C:Program FilesEA GamesThe Sims 2 Apartment LifeTSDataResConfigglobalStartup ?
Or the C:Program FilesEA GamesThe Sims 2TSDataResConfigglobalStartup ?
+PLUS+ the C:Documents and Settings**Your User Name**My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2Config

I've had the Gunmod's global startup cheat from one of his lighting cheats. I removed the download but not the global startup cheat file. I did not bother to download the backup either. Is this causing any conflict which is making this cheat not work for me? For my senior project (Due in 2 weeks) I need to move in 12 people into the BellaDonna school I downloaded from GardenOfShadows. So far I have 8 sims living there, and am trying to move in 4 more sims. I'm debating on whether trying what the above posted and just using squinge's userstartup. The thing is, all of my other cheats in my unserstartup work fine. Any advice?

I've also tried the LotFullOfSims + LotFullOfPets no luck their either.
(Oh!) I'm ran the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, and 7 conflicts were detected. I removed all of the ones that were in conflict with this mod. I feel like I've dumped two 1000 pieced puzzles together on the floor and am trying to build one and keep grabbing pieces from the other. Make any sense?

Post Merge: April 23, 2009, 03:32:02 pm - Please remember to modify your post and not reply to yourself
Okay everyone I admit, I'm a HUGE Dummy! (But) I fixed my problem! YAY

::!DO NOT BE AS STUPID AS I WAS!::

I have the Sims 2 + EP's installed on two different PC's. I figured I screwed something up when I noticed the globalStartup file(s) had crap in them so I took the original file from my newer computer which has all the EP's but no downloads, no hacks, and no altered settings. Copied it and replaced it into Every globalStartup cheat file under

C:\Program Files\EA Games\*ALL EP's*\TSData\Res\Config\globalStartup

I also used Squinge's userStartup.cheat file and just added my other can't live without cheats. Now it works!  YAY I am beyond happy.

So don't do dumb things like me and mess with your globalStartup cheat file, just leave it alone!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:32:02 pm by Starrbaby » Logged
SimDebster

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:26 am »

Is there a version of this hack for Free Time?  Or does this version also work with Free Time?  I have been looking and looking and I have not been able to find a Free Time version.  If there is one, could you please point me to it?  Thanks in advance.

Have a bright platinum diamond day,
Deb
Eva Aisling

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 09:15:29 am »

Can I just edit my userstartup to allow more sims? Or do I have to use both?
What was the cheat intended for, if you still have to use a mod to get more sims?

Thanks in advance!

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 09:23:18 pm »

You can either use this mod or edit the userstartup cheat.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2009, 09:22:16 am »

actually, i'm pretty sure you need both the userstartup thing and a mod. because the different parts of the game code check different values to see if you have exceeded the maximum family members. Using only userstartup stuff alone, still seems to limit your maximum allowed in certain situations.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2009, 11:47:09 am »

Any mod that allows larger families beyond the Maxis limits must have a userstartupcheat file edited to have the following lines:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Copy and paste the above lines into your userstartupcheat file and then save the file. You do need Notepad to edit it. Don't use Word, Word Document, Word Perfect or any office processing program because they have special formatting rules that the game can't read.

Even AH's lotfullofsims mod requires those three lines in the userstartupcheat file.

If you continue to have problems, please open a thread in the Mod Help section and we'll look at your issue a bit more closely. We missed some of the questions here because they should've been addressed in the Mod Help section.

And for those of you using FT, please make a mod request and not here.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
hedgekat

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2009, 11:00:41 am »

quote author=Chaavik link=topic=93232.msg1517664#msg1517664 date=1241542029]
Any mod that allows larger families beyond the Maxis limits must have a userstartupcheat file edited to have the following lines:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

[/quote]

I don't have AL installed yet so your statement may apply to that EP, but I know for sure that those lines aren't required prior to AL as I have been using Jordi's LotFullofSims (dated 6/8/07) for nearly two years without adding anything to userstartupcheat.  I've had as many as 20 sims in a family and never had any problem with pregnancy.  Adding more sims from neighborhood is not possible but I've always used a teleporter to move new ones in if I needed to.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2009, 12:21:38 pm »

Kind of late in responding to that, don't you think? The statement was in response to someone else using the mod from this thread. It is designed to let people with older machines have slightly larger families and be able to handle them without system issues.

If you're using Jordi's LotFullofSims mod and is not updated, you could run into potential risks for a fubared neighborhood.

Ancient Highway updated that particular mod to work with FT and up here. The mod was reported to work well with Seasons and BV. Possibly earlier EPs since there were a few bugs he fixed.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
zauberwindyx

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2009, 05:08:39 am »

Super, thank you !" 
     Hug2
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: