Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:04:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads don't work with "Ikea" and "Appartament life"  (Read 4253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cocode8

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2008, 12:29:44 pm »

Hi Everyone, I've got a problem with the expansionspacks Ikea and Appartementlife. When I have installed them so my downloads d'ont work in the game.So I hope that someone can tell me what's wrong and what I can do. Thanks to all

Hi everyone,
My problem is that when I installed "Ikea" and "Appartament life" all my downloads don't work in the game. I don't know why so I hope that someone can help me. Thanks to all fellows:sad4:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:47:51 pm by DecoraChroi » Logged
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:04 pm »

you've enabled and restarted the game, right?

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 02:22:23 pm »

Actually, it seems to be more complicated than that. Start the game without downloads, quit. Restart with your downloads active/enabled, quit again, since AL seems to need a little shoving to accept them. Remove your downloads from your folder, put them back in and third time lucky. At least that's how it works in my case. Once doesn't seem to be enough for AL.
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 06:41:05 am »

I'm gonna try it yet, thanks for all the suggestions
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:30:49 am »

Right now I'm desperately trying to activate my new Sims and clothing for that darn game. It just doesn't work. They're neatly packed into a folder, I move them around, but nope - they don't show up. It's as if the game would throw me the finger, telling me, I have enough downloads already and don't need anymore. Frustrating, really. I also downloaded a few new cars and they show up all right.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 08:52:39 am by abaris » Logged
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:20:54 pm »

I have done what you say abaris and it seems thats work again but I have to put all my old downloads in a new download folder. I got so many downloads and it takes time to changit. You right that is a dam game. Thanks again
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:21 pm »

Quote from: cocode8;1383041
I have done what you say abaris and it seems thats work again but I have to put all my old downloads in a new download folder. I got so many downloads and it takes time to changit. You right that is a dam game. Thanks again

I noticed, that packaged stuff like Sims and the likes don't show up when I use clean installer. But when I use the maxis installer they show up just fine. Same location, same file structure, same files. Unexplainable really, but after several tries I have no doubts about it. Somehow this last expansion seems to have torpedoed clean installer. Well, maybe I have an outdated version. Have to check.
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 12:37:55 pm »

I only use winrar to download, open the package and put the downloads in the downloadfolder of the sims2 and seems to work
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 01:53:36 pm »

Quote from: cocode8;1384222
I only use winrar to download, open the package and put the downloads in the downloadfolder of the sims2 and seems to work

But when you have an executable the only options are Clean installer or the inbuilt one. Most Sims come in that kind of package.
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:27 pm »

I use the inbuilt one and the most downloads works. I never use the Clean Installer so I don't know whos better.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 08:45:15 pm »

I ge t the Not here bit with Clean Pack and AL too. Solution, use Clean Pack to clean the file, save it as a new package then, use either the Maxis installer or Sims 2 File Maid and it works.

Yes it was a pain getting all of my CC (over 5000 files) bacj in my game but, it all (wit the exception of one startupcheat and two mods) got there.
cocode8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 12:40:23 pm »

Hope that everything go right now. Good luck to everyone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: