Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:29:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scared to install AL  (Read 1919 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bekidoll1

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:04:51 pm »

Hi guys, I know the posting rules say no tech help, but this is problem I have playing the game.

I have just bought AL, and I am sitting reading the system requirements. I haven’t installed it yet
I have checked my system requirements against the game and the only thing that does not meet the requirements is my processor (actually I'm unsure if it does or not).

The game requires a processor of 1.8GHz but 2.4GHz for vista
Low and behold I have windows Vista.

What I’m unsure about is that I have a Core 2 Duo processor (1.8Ghz)...so does this count as 2x1.8Ghz meaning that I actually have 3.6GHz?

I read in a Sims2Wiki article that I 'should not buy the EP if my system does not meet requirements' so what should I do. I have been anticipating getting the EP since it was released and now I am seriously worrying about not being able to install it. (I actually could cry right now! Sad)

Please don't delete my thread if I have come to the wrong place, I really need help.

Thank you in advance for answers x
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:36:19 pm by bekidoll1 » Logged

Inspire to be inspired x :daisy:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:26:45 pm »

Rename the TS2 folder in My Documents.  Install the game and see if it works for you.  If it does, then you can delete the newly created TS2 folder and rename your original back to be in the game, although you may want to pull the mods first until you have a chance to see which ones need to be updated.

On the other hand if the game isn't working for you, you can uninstall AL, then put your original TS2 folders back into the game and you're where you're at right now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: