Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:50:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: higher foundations  (Read 2132 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Joefish

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:04:12 pm »

Since I've gotten Apartment life, I've noticed that the foundations on some of the house and apartments in the new neighborhood have steeper foundations. What I mean is the foundations are a lot higher off the ground then normal. If a picture is necessary I can try and obtain one, but if someone knows what I'm talking about and knows how to create such foundations I would be very thankful to know how, thank you.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:36:30 pm »

Build the foundation as normal.  It will be 4 clicks higher than the ground around it.  Now go out a couple squares from the foundation and start to raise one square of land to whatever height you want.  You'll be building a foundation on top of it, so it will be another 4 clicks higher.  I like raising the ground 4 clicks which with foundation will be 8 clicks or half a wall height.

Enter the cheat boolprop constrainFloorElevation false.  Now to go the build mode terrain tools and grab the Level Terrain Tool.  Put in on the built up terrain/foundation and drag it across to the foundation for your house.  You may need to do it a couple times to get everything to the right level.  Once you're happy with it, enter the cheat  boolprop constrainFloorElevation true, then go on about finishing your house.
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:41:35 pm »

Thank you so much, just one more question....is it possible to do the same type of thing with a pool because I just tried using the cheat but it didn't work for a pool
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:45:17 pm by Joefish » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 11:23:28 pm »

To do this with a pool, which is built into the ground, you don't need to add a foundation to your raised up terrain.  In fact, you don't have to pre-raise anything, just increase the level of one corner of the pool and surrounding terrain, then use the level tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: