Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:32:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simmodder's Increased Challenges 1 for AL  (Read 4460 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:26 am »

Simmodder posted these mods on MTS2 in May and then hadn't been back there since. I've updated these for Apartment Life.

Hi this is the first in hopefully a series of modifications designed to make the sims 2 a bit more challanging and therefore more interesting to play. They don't change anything drastically, they are more like tweaks. These 3 packages all effect the way sims can earn money, apologies for the crappy picture!

Here are the mods:

cd_buisness_levels - this mod makes you need more customer loyalty stars to reach the first 5 buisness levels, and therefore makes it harder to get easy buisness perks and increase the value of your buisness early on. The biggest cash sum perk is also reduced from $50,000 to $30,000. This mod requires OFB.

cd_higher_bills - all bills are approximatley 2.5x higher. Plus an extra $100 is added on to every bill. This mod should work on the base game alone but I have only tested it with Seasons.

cd_jobs - This mod makes promotions harder to get by changing what affects job performance. As well as mood affecting job performance there is a penalty for sims going to work with low energy and at the higher levels job performance is harder to get. The promotion bonus is also reduced from 2x salary to 1.5x salary. This mod will only work with Seasons or higher since job performance is also affected by which season it is (this code was already there it is not something new that I have added).
His cd_jobs mod was actually working fine in Free Time and probably does in Apartment Life, but it was based on Bon Voyage code and missed the updates in the later EPs. I've updated it to use the Apartment Life code.

The introduction of apartments broke cd_higher_bills. I've fixed that, and also increased the bills for residential lots. Even with his higher bills my sims were accumulating too much cash too fast. I've set the bill rate to 30% the lot value plus 15% of the objects or furnishings value. Simmodder had this set at 15% + 15%, game default is 1% + 1%. This can be adjusted by editing the BCON. The various BCON entries are labeled so you can find it easy if you with to change it for your play style.

I used cd_business_levels for a while but took it out because I felt while the lower 5 levels were a little harder, the upper 5 levels became way too easy. Anyone I had open a business quickly became so flush in money I couldn't spend it fast enough. So while updating the other two, I finally dug into this one to see what I could do with it. I've set all of the requirements for increasing business rank to 1.5 times the EA values. I also decreased the cash value of the business awards to 10% of what EA had. First level is an award of 100 simoleans and the top is now 5,000 simoleans. Again, these values are labeled and editable via the BCON.

Downloads available on my site.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 04:09:27 pm by ancienthighway » Logged
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 03:27:36 pm »

excellent, thanks for updating these ancient Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:11:59 pm »

Thanks, Ancient! I downloaded the bill mod from your site before here.

Mind if I ask you what cd_jobs does? Doesn't really give much of a description to tell me what it really does.

Thanks again Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:13:06 pm »

I knew I should have done this before...added simmodders description from MTS2 to my original post.
nobody7382

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:28:52 pm »

If anyone is interested, I have new billing hack coming soon.  Adds many new awesome features.  One sneak peek is: a real electric bill based on your actual power usage for all objects on the lot.  And much much more...

That cd_buisness_levels is really great too though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: