Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:02:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Endless loading...  (Read 7145 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xtian913

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:34:07 am »

Hello all,

So I just got Apartment Life for my birthday, while it installed fine, it is giving me an loading issue:

My custom content seems to be loading fine when it comes to empty houses, I can load lots with furnished houses no problem, including homes with custom content.

However, whenever I try to load up ANY family, even Maxis families which contain no custom content, the game will  just load endlessly. I finally have to CTRL + ALT + DEL out of the game.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Why would a family cause the game to never load? Please, any help would be appreciated.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 09:50:22 am »

Some custom content is still interfering. I spent the better part of a day to clean up my downloads folder. Get yourself "see them" and activate the testing cheats option. That overrides any error, loads the lots and the error message can point you in the right direction of what causes the trouble. Since it happens with maxis stuff it has to be something global.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:52:34 am by abaris » Logged
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 10:09:55 am »

Oh, global error doesn't sound good... So how did u clean up your download folder? Does this "see them" mark specific files which may be causing errors, and then u just delete them?

Sorry for the questions, I've just been a lucky one not to have any major Sims 2 errors - till now.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 10:53:34 am »

"See them" is originally an tool to remove the blur. But it has a bunch of other useful features apart from that. It points to an error ingame, if the option is enabled. When you enter the lot, an error message will pop up to be simultaneously saved to your log. The lot will load despite the error. That may be of some help or maybe not. If the particular file is named, you can find it easily, if it's not, the easiest way to do the search is a 50/50 procedure. Remove 50 % of your packages from your download and look if the error still occurs. You can narrow it down that way. Procede with taking 50% of the infected bunch and continue till you're down to a few files.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:56:35 am by abaris » Logged
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:33:21 am »

Thanks so much for the input. I can see why that would take a whole day almost. Were u receiving errors with your game too, and that's why you cleaned yours out? If so, what did you have to remove? Also, where can I find the tool? Its just something to go in the downloads folder, right?
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:03 pm »

Quote from: Xtian913;1379809
Thanks so much for the input. I can see why that would take a whole day almost. Were u receiving errors with your game too, and that's why you cleaned yours out? If so, what did you have to remove? Also, where can I find the tool? Its just something to go in the downloads folder, right?

Do a google with "see them" and "sims". The first result should be the homepage. And no, it doesn't go into downloads. It's a tool. You have to start it and chose your options - blur removal, grid removal, diagonal posting of furniture and the likes and the testing cheats option. The particular files are then automatically stored by "See them".

And yes, I had errors. But the message didn't much help, since I never did install that particular mod. It was attached to something different and so I only could find it by removing and selectively adding content.
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:47:36 pm »

Okay I understand. Thanks a mllion! I will be doing the add and removal tonight I guess then, hopefully the tool can help me in the process. Smiley
drsims

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 11:32:44 pm »

IF YOU DONT MIND ME JUMPING IN ,BUT WHAT TOOL IS THIS AND  WERE CAN I FIND IT AT,I HAVE C.C `S ON MY BUT I HAVE NOT PUT THE GM ON YET.I DONT WANT TO LOSE ALL MY 100 FAMILYS I HAVE ON MY GM NOW..THANKS.

:rant:yes fugly`s rule the sims world...and long live the sith....:party1:
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 11:44:24 pm »

:toothy7:

If you want your game to work faster delete some of your CC (if sometimes you leave unused meshes in the folder it can make your game load like a '50 car) or if you one of those people whom have every expansion pack installed, and they dont use every option of it, delete them, leave about 3 or 4 expansions with 1 or 2 stuff packs.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 02:53:57 am »

Quote from: MoronStyle7;1380816
:toothy7:

If you want your game to work faster delete some of your CC (if sometimes you leave unused meshes in the folder it can make your game load like a '50 car) or if you one of those people whom have every expansion pack installed, and they dont use every option of it, delete them, leave about 3 or 4 expansions with 1 or 2 stuff packs.

Useful tip, but that's not the issue in this case. AL is very picky when it comes to mods and hacks. In his case the endless loading actions are error related.
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:13 am »

Update:

Last night I spent a few hours doing as you suggested, putting in some CC start up, see if it works, rinse, repeat... and so far I have a batch of CC (about 250 items) where the error file lies. The other batch that works fine is the majority of my CC and so today I will go through the error batch and narrow it down EVEN more! Thanks so much for the tip. I think I'm doing to take a very long break from downloading anything after this fiasco! lol

Random question: When you delete a piece of CC from WITHIN the game, does it actually delete the file from my hard drive? I want to go through all my custom clothing, and hope the game actually deletes all the files, not just disables them, so my game does load a bit faster. Do you know?
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 08:08:23 pm »

I had this EXACT same thing happen to me today. I just installed AL, and it is doing this to me too. So thanks for the help everyone. I am going to try to fix this with the See Them, and then I'll try the 50/50 in my spare time.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 01:13:04 pm »

SenkoTwiik, good luck with finding the trouble file(s). I have narrowed my search down to 20 items! I should probably just erase the 20 and be grateful my game works again, but the perfectionist in my wants to find the ONE file and destroy it while I laugh. Tongue
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 08:35:42 pm »

I just had to comment on this thread and say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you xtian913 and abaris!!!!!!! I was having the exact same problem with my lots not loading and by finding and following the advice that abaris gave you, I was able to fix mine. I didn't have to resort to the 50/50 method though. All I did is go through my DL folder and moved all my mods into another folder which I placed on my desktop. Then I just went through and deleted the mods I knew to be global (and thought may be causing the problem) as abaris has mentioned and viola!!! my lots now load with no problems whatsoever. Only took me about an hour or so. BTW, it turned out to be one mod...the Inteenimator! I just had to say thanks to both of you. xtian913 for posting your question on this site, and to abaris for his knowledge :smile:

Happy Simming :toothy10:
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 05:01:42 pm »

This worked for me:

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Whenever I got a "phoneline - controller" error I hit delete

The families load in 60 seconds now instead of forever

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: