Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:02:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mailbox doesn't change when re-zoned to apartment  (Read 6461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:06:23 pm »

Don't know if anyone has tried to build apartments yet or rezoned some of their existing lots to apartments but whenever I try it, I don't get the apartment mailbox. The lot shows as an apartment, with rental price and everything as it should be, but when I load the lot it still has the residential mailbox. The Landlord turns up, sims can rent apartment, the unrented apartments go dark, everything is as it should be. I thought it might be because I was rezoning a lot I downloaded pre-AL so I went ahead and built my own from scratch and I still don't get the AL mailbox

I'm stumped, does anyone else have any ideas or maybe experienced this?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 04:30:34 pm »

I can't remember where I read this now, but what I do remember was that any mailbox hacks that haven't been updated to AL can cause this problem. I believe this also pertains to hacks that make the mailbox buyable, as well.

...that's about all I can come up with.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 04:36:31 pm »

hmmm, I did take out all my hacks as I thought it might be that, but it's still the same. The only lots I have that have the proper mailbox are the EAxian built crap!

I do play with testing cheats on but that shouldn't make a difference??

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:22:46 pm »

*shudders* The things I could say about those oh-so-lovely EAxian made lots. Alas, this isn't the adult site. Hah. Anyways...

No, I don't think having the testing cheats active would cause that problem. I always have it active, and I've already built a dozen or so apartments without any problems.

...have you tested it in a fresh neighborhood, with an empty Downloads folder yet?

Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »

When you download sims it puts them and the custom content into the file called 'people sims'. I forget the name of the folder for downloaded lots but make sure you don't have any hacks and things in some of those folders.

I came, I saw, I thought hmm...
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »

bugger, I'm going to have to take out all my other CC aren't I??

I was building in a fresh neighbourhood, I think I'll delete that one, take out all my CC *sob* and start a new one *thinks of the 30-odd thousand files she has to go through if it is that causing the problem*

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:17 pm »

Poor, poor, Ali. Poor poor...*snickers* ...Ali.

Dory

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 12:55:52 am »

*sigh*

I have the same problem.  I even got the updated buyable mailbox hack for AL but it still didn't work. I think it's in a house I dl'ed.  I might have to delete those beautiful houses to figure out which one it is -- which means moving some families out, yipes!  Oh, well.
andrewplay599

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:19:48 am »

When I build apartments I always turn the custom content off and build in my test neighborhood were I have no sims and no hacked houses ie mailbox hack usually I build them in anygames starter by numenor he just updated for al and sim store then after I package my lot to the package lot file in anygame I upload that version in my real game this way its not corrupted. hope this helps.

Dracoamie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 03:32:28 am »

You don't have to get rid of all your cc, just check it all to see if it's creating a problem. (It's just as painful I know)

I came, I saw, I thought hmm...
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 06:51:17 am »

I had the same problem - got it solved by removing a mailbox that I downloaded with a lot at some stage. It wasn't a hack, just a darn mailbox. Found it with clean installer and removed it. Now my mailboxes are finally correct!

In the meantime my walk-in closets disappeared from my buy-mode catalogue - yikes. Got some hunting to do now to find what I dl'ed that caused that to happen.
The ones that are already in the premade apartments are there, and functional (well, partly), but I can't put in  my own.........lol.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:20:06 am »

Quote from: Comicalmuse;1382208
Poor, poor, Ali. Poor poor...*snickers* ...Ali.
yeah, yeah, your sarcasm just warms my heart *blows raspberry*

it's not a hack, that's for sure, and it's not any bodyshop items so I'm tempted to go with Rensims0, it's some sort of benign object-type thing that I've downloaded.

I'm just glad it's not any of my hacks or mods!

andrewplay999, I like your suggestion of Anygame Starter, don't know why I just didn't think of that in first place *head-desk* ...and don't anyone think of suggesting it's an age thing....

Renette

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 06:09:53 am »

I had two items that I removed, Ali - it was a mailbox and a mailbox cover. I figured that I wasn't going to take chances and just deleted them both.

Hope you find yours!
andrewplay599

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 12:16:37 am »

Quote from: ~Ali~;1386400
yeah, yeah, your sarcasm just warms my heart *blows raspberry*

it's not a hack, that's for sure, and it's not any bodyshop items so I'm tempted to go with Rensims0, it's some sort of benign object-type thing that I've downloaded.

I'm just glad it's not any of my hacks or mods!

andrewplay999, I like your suggestion of Anygame Starter, don't know why I just didn't think of that in first place *head-desk* ...and don't anyone think of suggesting it's an age thing....

I try to build my houses in a clean enviroment because I have alot of hacks that their creators don't whant uploaded anywhere. To me its easer than always doing the clean pack installer at least for uploading request houses anyway.

Michele

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:15 am »

An option one can consider is a tool to go through CC to look for mailboxes.
A bit of slogging about there, but it can preserve lots and such.
Alternative is to "repackage" those lots and glean them up by removing any mail boxes from the listing and saving it clean.

I refer to the Clean Installer here.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: