Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 08:42:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mailbox doesn't change when re-zoned to apartment  (Read 6467 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 10:09:20 am »

It is useless to find that mailbox in the download folder. You will have to find it thru the Clean-Installer.  I had that problem, and let me tell you, it's a big bother.

First of all, some simmers who share lots, have downloaded a mailbox to replace their old one. Usually the mailbox will only be useful for what EP they have in their game.  The one I uploaded with a lot was only useful up to NL. So imagine my exasperation on not understanding why my mods were not working, especially those that are written thru a mailbox for the latest EPs.

Second, please check uploads and make sure they don't have "mailbox" included. I have written pms to some who have that in their uploaded lots, the response hasn't been pretty.  When I had the mailbox in my game, I always made sure it was not included in my uploads.  I think others could do the same.

How to get rid of it. Do not delete in-game. Somehow it is attached to all the mailboxes in-game and will delete them. Then you will have to re-install. The only successful way to do it is with the Clean-Installer. Find it and delete it from your game, then things will work properly, hacks and all. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
wanturs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 03:45:17 pm »

s0d that lol
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: