Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:24:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life Stories  (Read 7220 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2008, 12:02:24 am »

Hi to everyone.  I have been searching for a month for SLS help and have resolved many issues with my game due to the threads on this site and /or links provided by the experienced gamers here.

I purchased this on a whim (had heard of it but never seen the game) and checked it out, and said WOW!  So it's blowing my mind in a way that it might not to regular simmers.

Took me quite a while pouring through the threads but i really wanted to understand the computer stuff as much as I could (I'm no comp wiz). If I can save anyone that time just ask a question and I'll try my best to help.  

Just a heads up.. I havent played Vince's story but have found tons of help /info on that.  Rileys neighborhood is so busy and interesting for me so I havent gotten to vince's.  I 've had the grim reaper move in, captured two burglars and more, & I'm not even using the freeplay version yet (although technically Riley's neighborhood is open/free to play now).

I added two families to Riley's hood and am playing four houses there with a set of twins in one family.  In addition to Rileys two children with Mickey (a teen and a pre-teen) she is now expecting twins so there will be six in her household in a few days.  

I was quite surprised and excited when I had an alien abduction occur at Rileys neighbors house (when the mother of twins was taken) and now I'm considering having Mickey get pg with an alien baby at the same time.

I know now from the threads that the sims 2 worlds & ep's are prob the recommended games but just wanted to expand the options for those of us who are new to the games or have already invested /are exploring lifestories to be able to get the most out of it.

Let me know if I can help you in any way (or point you to the correct thread)  Just dont expect me to know everything k?:glasses7:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:04:53 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:03:24 am »

Update:

I had big success with InSim but clicked wrong and Mickey got pg with Rileys baby instead, lol.  I didnt even realize what I did wrong because I had checked Rileys stats and it said she wasnt pregs... while I was pondering why the machine didnt work, Mickey started puking and shortly thereafter a message appeared that he was pregnant.

Well they were both so excited about the baby that I left them alone...after clicking correctly Riley joined Mickey in pregnant bliss.  I enjoyed the pregnancies for a few weeks and they are happily a family of eight now.**

I took plenty pics of the births (Mickey in Labor is priceless, rofl) and celebrations that ensued and will upload them if I can.

Vince & Naomi are in bliss as well ... I kept the money (having read the threads here first) so I could unlock the statue.  Then I used the Insim to bring Naomi back & gave him his money too.  What can I say I'm a sucker for a happy ending. They are expecting their first child (or twins I can't remember now, lol) soon.

I created other families and moved them into Riley's neighborhood.  I have several lil lives going on & have found many great mods that work.  So I haven't visited the quads (Mickey/Riley's) in a while.

Trust me, thanks to the talented modders here (and on the links suggested by the experts on this website} there are quite a bit of things to keep those of us that invested in lifestories busy for quite a while.

**Please note:

::smilieiforgetwhi::Be aware that if you have a laptop or dont have the specs for the base game + a couple expansion packs you prob shouldn't take your family size beyond 4-6, or the game may slowdown or freeze.

I don't have freezing or crashes in the game.  But I have noticed that the game will run slower if I run too many other programs (more than 3-4--which I've done a couple times), which will cause my characters to respond a little slower.

::smilieiforgetwhi::Seriously I just dont want you guys to brush aside the recommended specs for the game & options that the expert simmers on here suggest. To put it better:

::smilieiforgetwhi::If you bought SLS to run other prog while playing but you dont have the spec for more you may have issues so be careful.

On the other hand, if you are a total newbie to The Sims & just bought this to explore what "the sims" is, but you prob could run the larger games... you are where I'm at.  I'm really enjoying this one and all the mods/skins/etc., too.

::smilieiforgetwhi::As with any game your own PC specs must be considered so far as the limits to what you can do/mods you can make.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:02:35 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:58:56 am »

Ok so I finally figured out how to use this upload thing. So as promised here's a recent page from the Riley's diary of her and Mikey's life together.

When we last left off Mickey and Riley were both expecting. We now peek in just after Riley, who--having gone through this twice before with the two oldest--came through the birth like a pro & has just delivered an adorable set of twins:

Now four hours later the celebrations have lulled into quiet cuddles and cooing as Riley relaxes; thankful that the hard part (for her at least) is over. Welcome to:

As the family peacefully enjoys the latest arrivals, Mikey paces and tries to remain calm about his impending delivery....

then suddenly...

Whoa! Mickey grabs his stomach and begins to groan as waves of pain set in. Riley hands the lil one to a nanny as she's heads downstairs calling to Mickey & telling him to try and remain calm. Another Nanny rushes to his side Just as Mickey's pain intensifies:

"HaOooooooooowllllll!!!!" Mickey cries out at the height of his pain...

Then....Finally the lil tyke arrives... a bouncing baby boy!

and a few moments later... a girl as well!

The household comes to see the tiny new addittions...

Lil sis joins in the rejoicing while nanny Jill can't help but quietly think of the money she'll make thanks to the new quads--Not that she doesn't love the lil darlings, Wink but it's nice to have job security...hehehe

Long time nanny & friend Jill can barely contain her joy..

My the Harlows have grown! Riley and Mickey reflect on their legacy.

Looks like this Mom & Dad have their hands full :happy8: ... Well they're off to recooperate. Thanks for stopping by!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:50:21 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

simplegirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 08:30:57 am »

I just bought the game a few weeks ago and saw that only 4 people could live in a house.  Is there a hack/mod that allows more than 4?

BTW, have fun with all of those babies!! I bet that has to be tons of fun Smiley
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 09:57:02 am »

Quote from: simplegirl;1439991
I just bought the game a few weeks ago and saw that only 4 people could live in a house. Is there a hack/mod that allows more than 4?

BTW, have fun with all of those babies!! I bet that has to be tons of fun Smiley

Yes the "InSIMenator" (sim edition) is the mod I used to expand the family.  It does much more than just help you increase family size though.  Make sure to read all the specification requirements and install. instructions and have fun!

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: