Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:25:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE GAME HAS CRASHED MY HARD DRIVE !!  (Read 4019 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2008, 02:13:45 am »

it really did! well i believe it did..

yesterday i was downloading stuff from parismonious. then i went to play, the game loaded as usual, taking alot of time. then just in the middle of that, the pc restarted itself !

after the windows loaded, i started the game again, then the same thing happened! before it restarted quickly, i got a blue screen saying there's something with the hard disk.

i have like 7GIG of sims stuff in that folder. but i have good specs so i don't know why that happened !

i have 160 GIG hard disk
2 GIG ram
Nvidia 7500GT

i wanted to try starting the game without the downloads folder, but the windows won't start! i get a black screen at start saying NTDLR missing. i've checked everything from the BIOS screen and everything is ok :S

i ended up buying myself a new hard drive! :angry5:

what bothers me is that i have to install AAAAAAALLLLLL the expansions + the stuff packs all over again!! :angry5: :angry5:

i will try to make the hard drive work again..but tell me, is this from the game ?? cause if that's the case then i won't install it! i ain't ready to lose my data and to keep buying new hard drives everytime !!

:angry5:

(WhenIGetToThisPointOfRealizingHowALLMenAreA**holesIFeelSad..ButSadForWho?ForThemOrForMe??)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 04:20:05 am »

Personally, I don't think you got enough memory.

How much video memory do you have and what is your processor speed?

Sounds like overheating to me.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

what?! i thought i did!! i mean c'mon 2 gig !!!! *faints* how much does the game needs Huh??

anyways here are my pc's specs:

and my video card is Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT. and i believe its memory speed is 512.

(WhenIGetToThisPointOfRealizingHowALLMenAreA**holesIFeelSad..ButSadForWho?ForThemOrForMe??)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:40:57 pm »

I was reading it wrong, I'm sorry.

This is from Microsoft Tech Support about your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318728

The Sims 3.........NO!
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »

ok no problem bro, i will check that. thank you so much for your help :hug:

[/SIZE][/FONT]
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:06 pm »

You're welcome. Smiley

The Sims 3.........NO!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:32:20 pm »

Sounds like a coincidence.  You might be able to convert your drive to a slave drive and retrieve your data from it.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
siyko_narko

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:03:14 pm »

I don't think it is a coincidence. I believe part of your problem has to do with Securom. I have had some issues with Securom on my computer recently. It has messed up my DVD-Rom and corrupted my hard drive. I have just recently started learning about the program that EA sneaks into their games; and other companies that I buy games from do, too. The several games that I have on my computer with Securom have been a computer cancer for my system. You may want to educate yourself, and you may not think this is your problem, but here are a couple of sites dedicated to Securom issues, if you would like to check it out.

http://reclaimyourgame.com/

http://securom.mustbedestroyed.org/phorum/index.php
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:04:14 pm »

Her problem had something to do with her BIOS.

The Sims 3.........NO!
siyko_narko

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:05 pm »

I am not the smartest person in the world and I could be completely off of the mark here, but here goes it for me at the risk of making an ass of myself.

One of the many problems my poor computer had with securom was in its start-up (Doesn't that have to do with BIOS?). Securom was initializing at start-up and trying to do, well I don't know, something. I first learned of Securom by opening my Task Manager and looking up the different processes online. Then I was directed to my registry and found this program I had never installed on my computer. I did virus sweeps and found nothing, I tried to delete it and couldn't. In the meantime I kept having more and more problems. I found removal software and got rid of it. Everything seemed great after that. Then I put in my Sims game again. Problems returned 10fold. I looked in my registry and Securom was back. My DVD burner quit burning and my resources went down the tube. I removed it, but much of the damage still remained. Securom had altered my CD/DVD software, and some of my Media Center files. I did a full system restore and everything was normal. When I went through and installed my games again I ended up with many of the same problems. I have games other than the Sims that have Securom in them, and I believe the hardcore problems I have stem from conflicts within the different versions of Securom between them.

You see, I am one of those people who go and buy games the day they come out, and install them as soon as I get home from the store. That means that I was also installing the upgrades of Securom in their respective order, too. When I reinstalled my games, I didn't reinstall them in the order I bought them, so I was probably upgrading and downgrading the Securom programs with each overwrite it did of itself, in essence causing massive corruption to said Securom.

Then Securom got pissed at me and my machine and FUBARed it.

All of this is just theory of someone trying to educate myself. Please don't hate me. I am very sorry if I am just being annoying to you; It is not on purpose.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:46 pm »

If you're talking to me, you are not annoying me. Smiley

It was her BIOS. It was outdated. I don't think SecuROM can outdate your BIOS. Then again, I could be wrong. I don't have SecuROM on my computer. I don't want it on my computer. The only games I own are, base game, University, Nightlife and OFB. I feel safe. Cheesy My computer is sort of above the low end systems.

I'm still trying to read and learn about it and what it can do to your machine. Horror stories are endless. Some people have no problems at all. Some have very few problems. I'm sorry you had problems.

Look at it this way, we're both being educated. Smiley

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: