Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:52:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone knows how the game administers downloads?  (Read 1714 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
abaris

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:12:01 am »

There have been a lot of threads about how the game doesn't recognize certain downloads.

I have a similiar problem, but I think I found at least some clue. Objects and hacks show up fine, but everything sim related (custom Sims and clothing) is a gamble. These things may show or the may not.

Installing AL I also made another peculiar discovery pointing in that direction. Activating custom content lead to Sim related stuff (at least some of it) to show ingame whilst the building and decorating stuff stayed inactive and could only be activated through several tedious attempts.

So, obviously the game administers both categories seperately - but how? What is responsible for that kind of action?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:38:27 am »

Stuff not showing up could be due to a few things. It could be missing a mesh, or it could require you to have an ep or sp you may not have, or you might need the latest CEP

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:23:54 pm »

Turned out to be a different problem. All files installed with clean installer didn't show. As soon as I installed them with the sims installer they're there.

It's even more remarkable, since after the install with both programms, the same files were in the same location. No visible difference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: