Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:47:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My aliens have normal eyes...!  (Read 2013 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bel0vedautumn

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:21:28 am »

Do townified eyes negate the supernatural eyes?

P.S. I downloaded replacement eyes after realizing that the skintone didn't appear (in game) to come with eyes. So yes.. there should be replacement eyes!

I hate maxis content... don't you?
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:42:55 am »

Depends on genetics.  Were they born in-game?  Wink

gali

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:54:38 am »

Personally, I like it...Smiley.
bel0vedautumn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:37:24 pm »

This particular sim wasn't born in game. I created her and then turned her into an alien... so she should have alien eyes, correct? The only thing I could think of is that the custom eyes I used on her (also townified) somehow make supernatural eyes not work...

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 03:51:02 pm »

:scratch:  So that means all of your aliens in game, even the Pollination Technicians, have those eyes instead of the regular default alien eyes?  Might want to try removing those eyes from your Downloads folder to see if that fixes the problem if that's happening.  :dontknow:

And you mentioned you "changed" her to an alien.  Did you just use a skintone changer mod of some sorts, or SimPE to change her to alien?  If that's the case, you're most likely just changing her skin genetics, not her eye genetics.  Wink

bel0vedautumn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:47 pm »

I used a hacked painting I have to change her, maybe it doesn't change their genetics...

[/FONT][/COLOR]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 04:28:27 pm »

No it doesn't change the genetics.

When creating an alien in CAS you must have testingcheat enable and press shift+n while in CAS for the Alien skin template to appear.  A pop-up will appear confirming you are in debugging mode.

Then you will see that you can choose the alien (among others) skin template which do have the special ears and eyes.  You can then modify the sim the way you would normally when you create a sim.  Just don't change the skin though or it will turn back into a normal sim.  You can use a default replacement alien skin without any problems as well as eyes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: