Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:51:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Lot Full of Sims  (Read 24347 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 11:32:38 am »

Thanks a lot for this mod.

It works fine in my game exept for teens (or YA). I can't move them in if the house is already full. It doesn't work from the neighbordhhod view (combine families) and I don't have the option to ask a Sim (even adult) to propose to a teen to move in.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:11 pm »

Proposing move in to teens is, I believe, a Inteen feature.  As this was developed for AL and there is no Inteen for AL yet, I can't vouch for whether this feature no longer work in a BV or FT environment.

In a household of 11 sims with 3 in the bellies, I was able to invite a YA to join the family.  Just a reminder, the popup about global warming or some other such nonsense does appear, but the sim does move in anyway.  And playable YAs have never been able to move in to a house in the main neighborhood.  You've had to either graduate them or drop them out of college, then move in from the neighborhood.

It may be necessary to add
Code:
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15
to the Config\userstartup.cheat.  Those uintProps were introduced with Pets, and may or may not be in later EPs.

EDIT:  It is not necessary for those lines to be in the userStartup.cheat.

I'm not aware of any mod that allows you to merge a family from the Sim Bin with a house if it will exceed the EA set limits, 8 sims, 6 pets, not to exceed 10 combined.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:41:45 pm by ancienthighway » Logged
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 04:18:22 am »

Thank you for your answer.

About YA I can't move in/merge more than 8 of them in a campus (University lot).

About teenagers maybe I had a mod that allowed them to move in, I don't remember. I did try Inteen for a very short period.

The thing I found weird is that I had a family (in the family bin) with an adult and 4 teens (they weren't related) and I couldn't merge it with another family already on a lot. I then tried to invited the adult to move in and he agreed but came alone and left the teens in the family bin. I ended up adding them with a teleporter.

Anyway this is great mod and I greatly thank you for it :smile: . Sorry for my english.

edit : just noticed your answer about the merging part. Well that is very strange because I would have sweared I did that several times. My memory is weak for sure !
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:23:49 am by Azureale » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 11:12:01 am »

I went back into a campus residence and moved 8 YA from CAS into it.  Then made friends with another dormie, and was able to successfully move the sim in.  The message still pops up saying it can't be done, but it does happen.  I mentioned in the OP about this.  

If you are not able to get the move in's you may have another mod conflicting.  Run HCDU and see what conflicts you may have.
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 12:14:55 pm »

Thank you for testing.
HCDU does'nt find any conflict. As soon as I can I will run a clean game and check this out again.
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 05:29:19 am »

OK, I loaded a fresh new brand neighborrhood folder and was able to move in a ninth YA into a dorm.

I also figured out why I couldn't anymore merge some more members to an 8 Sims family. I had to move up the 3 lines concerning maxTotalSims/humans/pets on top of my userstartup.cheat . I suppose they have to load first of something like that.

I am glad I have this working like before. Thanks again for updating to AL.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 12:46:01 pm »

Thanks for finding that!  Added to the OP.
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 04:27:10 am »

I had completely forgotten about that until I saw it again on MTS2. The bugJartimeDecay off cheat must be entered last in the Userstartup.cheat otherwise it breaks up everything that comes after.

And I do use that cheat. I can't remember whether or not the 3 lines concerning maxTotalSims/humans/pets were below or above bugJartimeDecay off when the merging part of your mod didn't work for me. So that might mean that maxTotalSims/humans/pets lines don't have to be on top of the Userstartup.cheat as long as they are not below bugJartimeDecay.

I apologize for my bad explanation/english. I hope it make sense enough though.
MissLady$

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 12:22:26 pm »

woo, thanks for this, finally!. But does it work with just the base game and Inteenimater?.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 04:42:15 pm »

There should be no problem at all with Inteenimater.  

As far as base game compatibility, I honestly can't say for sure. But the good news is that if it doesn't there are a number of other options available.  While Jordi is no longer modding, his version can be found on http://www.simbology.com.  I know Squinge has a couple versions for various EPs on this site, perhaps one for base game too.  MTS2 has a number of options also.
MissLady$

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 08:05:15 am »

aww, ok thank you "ancienthighway", for the information!.
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 12:56:10 pm »

Working great for me with AL.  My sims have eight children all living at home with them.  Little Tristan, Lucas, Marco, Inez, Nico, Elianora, Cecely and Anastasia may be out of room, but they're all on one lot with mommy and daddy :-D.  Thank you ancient!

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
chihuahua_rox

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55:20 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1383710
Pushes the size of families beyond the 8 sim or 6 pet or 10 combined sims and pet limit.  The only limit will be your nerves   .

Even if the 8 sim, 6 pet, or 10 combined limit will be exceeded:

• Move In is enabled
  • Marriage is enabled
  • Pregnancy is enabled
  • Adoption is enabled
  • Pet adoption is enabled

For both Move In and Marriage, the pop up will still appear saying you can't exceed the limit, then the game continues and the family has a new member!

This mod will conflict with twojeffs Preg For All Genders as he originally wrote it. With Jeff's permission I made a small change to his mod to allow it to work with my Lot Full Of Sims mod. Preg For ALL Genders needs to load after Lot Full Of Sims. The way I've got them named, if they are in the same folder this will happen automatically.

Developed for AL.  Confirmed use in SSNS, BV and FT.  May even be suitable for earlier EPs.

Edit 10/10/08

Merge large families from the neighborhood screen

Many thanks to Azureale for digging into this.

what is the code thing and how do you do it?
Djadzia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:02 am »

Thank you:-)
Azureale

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:39 am »

Quote from: chihuahua_rox;1450902
what is the code thing and how do you do it?

You add the three following lines into the userstartup.cheat file. Just make sure they are above the bugJartimeDecay off line if you have it.

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

You can change the values as long as maxTotalHumans + maxTotalPets = maxTotalSims
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: