Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:35:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Witch Spells...a dissapointment?  (Read 19506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cuddles

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:59 am »

For those who were looking forward to the witches. Are you disappointed in the spells? I mean there are a few really cool ones, some useful ones, but really I find myself rather limited and quickly bored with them. It just seems like they could have done so much more! I always find myself using the same ones over and over.

I miss a spell to make Sims fall in love. Oh and the one to animate objects (like the gnomes) in Sims 1 was so fun wish we had something like that too. And also I would like to see spells that give aspiration meter boosts/drain. Maybe some more evil spells…  Also I feel rather limited with the fact that if you are a good witch you can’t cast all the evil spells and vice versa. I hope to see some cool spell mods in the future, I have been checking for them daily.

Does anyone else have any spells they wish they had? What would you have liked to see? Or do you like it the way it is?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:35:06 am by cuddles » Logged

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
hotpixs20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 01:32:47 pm »

I agree. I was  disappointed not to get a spell to turn a pet into a human.
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:41:48 am »

Quote from: hotpixs20;1384279
I agree. I was  disappointed not to get a spell to turn a pet into a human.

I was thinking the opposite.  Turning them into pets.
Also a spell would be great to turn sims into vampires, tables etc...
I know you can make the potion to turn a vampire into a mortal
But I wish it could be the other way and that it wasnt a potion but a spell.
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:41 am »

Once SimPE comes out folks will probably be making new spells, if they can be made.
The Spectral Servant is incredibly useful for cleaning up a lot. Sort of a maid/gardener.
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:57:49 am »

Ohh I was not aware that updating simpe had to do with the delay in making new spells. Makes sense now that you point that out Tongue hehe

And yea I would agree, the spectral servant should be available to more than just the good witch... in fact, the more I play with the witches the more I think I would eventually get a mod that would allow all witches to have all spells no matter their alignment. I've never been huge on the good vs evil thing.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
AnthonyShelton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:16:05 pm »

My Pet peev is in the Makin Magic they Had Hypnosis. I would've Thought that in this They would've Take it Up a Notch. or the spell that Turned your Pet into a Sim Animal Thing. I think they could've modified it and Make Catgirl/catboys Or Dogboy/girls. That wouldve rocked!
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 05:35:26 am »

Considering the spirit of the chicken spell, this too may be possible. Smiley
dawn1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 05:42:34 am »

I'm missing something...Has another EP been released?

I think, therefore I am.
But, am I who I think I am?

Cheesy
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:50:54 pm »

lmao!
Apartment life EP yes, the thread section that you are in silly. Wink

cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:49 pm »

Quote from: AnthonyShelton;1385814
My Pet peev is in the Makin Magic they Had Hypnosis. I would've Thought that in this They would've Take it Up a Notch. or the spell that Turned your Pet into a Sim Animal Thing. I think they could've modified it and Make Catgirl/catboys Or Dogboy/girls. That wouldve rocked!

Oh yea that would be cool! I never really used the "turn pet into sim" spell in sims 1 however if it would make your pet look like a simcat (I imagine a sim with cat ears and a tail) or simdog that would be pretty neat hehe...

Actually ya know what I miss... I really miss the dueling matches they had in sims 1...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:58:29 pm by cuddles » Logged

halliwheeled

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:06 am »

I really miss the duels too Sad they were probably one of my favorite parts of makin magic

And yeah I have to agree. The spells are kind of blah. I like the stop time and the make friends and of course magivestigium. But I was hoping for more things like turning a sim into a frog(so cliche but still) and the moving objects around. I hope when the new simpe comes out that someone makes some better spells.
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 10:06:39 am »

Yea, I guess now it’s just a matter of waiting for our super awesome community modders to save the day (once again!). :worship: :worship:

hume6773

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:06 am »

ya the spells were witches can do all would be nice sorri just started playing AL couple of weeks ago i like the some of the spells don't know what all the spells do
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 11:27:45 am »

I got the new version of SimPE from a link off MATY. I was reading through the thread, they were helping to test it there and most response was very positive. Assuming they don't still find any major issues, we will start seeing new spells real soon.  Yipee!

Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:43 am »

Im all for some new spells.
The ones from MM (yes i know..) seems to have been SO much better.
And the lack of atmosphere for witches in AL in general...miffy.
MM was way creepier. That would have been awesome to have in TS2. Ah well.

Spells: i was hoping for more EP related spells too, like some to change the weather, something\anything pets related, ability to change to and from cult characters... etc etc. They could have done SO much more.

ALso it peeves me that certain spells are only catered to certain alignments. So you can befriend a sim when you've learned a spell. Awesome. So then you decide to become evil (or as evil as the game allows you), and what...? you forget how to befriend? what kind of f-ery is this?
You work forever to FINALLY become evil, and you feel like teleporting to & fro. Suddenly one day youre not evil anymore. Thats...so...(no words).

Maybe EA is screwing with us. They just want to release another stuff pack full of the "real" spells and magic. So you'd pay them more to get dragons etc back. Actually..that does sound like something they'd do.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: