Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:46:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Witch Spells...a dissapointment?  (Read 18980 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:31 am »

Your right there is a lack of "atmosphere" for the witches. And that’s because witches have nothing to DO with apartments. They spent time developing apartments and then just threw in some witches for good measure (to get extra sales from people who have been asking for magic all along). But the witches almost just seem like an afterthought... which is why a stuff pack sounds exactly like something they would do. Anything EA can do for money...*shakes fist*

I actually went for a medieval neighborhood because the witches just seemed so out of place. Its a nice excuse for a change though...

And I agree the whole good vs evil thing is a really lame concept, there are already so few useful spells....  Hopefully a mod will come out for that soon... **EDIT - Squinge here at InSIM has a mod for this now in the section for EP8 Cheesy **
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:17:11 pm by cuddles » Logged

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
Amy-Hotchic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:39 pm »

it buggs me that i can`t kill sims with spells >.< !

Plz visite my site and watch my videos.And most important->don`t forget to leave a comment
    http://de.youtube.com/user/lAmyHotchicl =) be so nice xD
mita

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 07:21:34 am »

for me its better on TS1 makin' magic.
there you can fight with another witch with an actual magic, you know, duel.
and you can go on adventure on magical land,
the one dissapointed me the most is no magic land!
only two "castle" with nothing in it.
boooooring....
Drawboom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 05:13:39 pm »

I just created my first witch (evil) yesterday so I haven't learned many spells. But I was a bit disappointed with the Magic Land. Only one site and no other Sims except the one witch that my Sim already knows. Yeah. That was worth the trip. Other than that, I'm having more fun with witches than I expected so far. That duel thing sounds cool though. Wish it was in this game. (Never played Sims 1.) It would be nice if my teen witch could someday challenge her "mentor" like a true evil witch would. On the subject of atmosphere, yes more. If nothing else, some reaction from the others in her household. Especially if the witch is evil! The good/evil aligments would makes sense then. I had her cast a spell once on a guest in her home. You'd think that would warrent some dread or at least a lecture from her non-witchy mom. On the positive side, the lighting effects are very cool.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:29:33 pm by Drawboom » Logged
TheLibrarySim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 11:36:51 am »

I'm pretty disappointed with Mary-Sue Pleasant The Atrociously Evil Witch. She can't kill anyone (and she's got a couple of people on that list), she can't make people like her like Sheridan Patchwerk The Infallibly Good Witch can (what, Evil Witches don't want lovers?).
I'm finding that most of the stuff I want to do with my witches I can either accomplish with a boolprop cheat or the Voodoo Doll from Twikki Island.
Pets into Humans would be great. Killing Sims would be nice (though probably against Maxis policy, I suppose). Hypnosis, change Sim (a la the Aspiration thingie that allows you to change your appearance)...oh, there's lots of stuff.
And why doesn't the Evil Spectral Assistant clean Mary-Sue's house? Scared it'd drive the roaches away?
Drawboom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 03:57:30 pm »

Quote from: TheLibrarySim;1408916
I'm pretty disappointed with Mary-Sue Pleasant The Atrociously Evil Witch. She can't kill anyone (and she's got a couple of people on that list), she can't make people like her like Sheridan Patchwerk The Infallibly Good Witch can (what, Evil Witches don't want lovers?).

The atrociously evil witch in my game is Elle-something-or-other. Anyway, the Sim I'm playing doesn't like her at all. He follows her around shoving, poking, slapping, he even kicked her butt. But she won't zap him! Even I want her to put a curse on his bullying arse by now, but no, she just wimps out. Please tell me NPC witches will autonomously cast spells on people they hate. It would suck major if they won't. I mean, what witch---especially an evil one---would take such crap?
I know this thread is about spells and I'm talking more about witches in general. So, forgive me. But at least it's a related subject.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:11:51 pm by Drawboom » Logged
Wembeley

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 09:03:45 pm »

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with Apartment Life at all.  I'm thinking of uninstalling it, a lot of hacks and mods to much more fun stuff than this release and I'm having lots of computer problems since installing this release.  We'll see if I can resolve the problems and if so I'll keep it and await the great hacks I know people will come up with but as usual Maxis needs to get some employees with more imagination and more fashion and decoration skills.  I barely use maxis clothes or furniture.  If it weren't for all the great creators out there, the game would not be very fun to play.  I've tried playing it without custom content and get bored very quickly.
TheLibrarySim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 09:51:27 pm »

Drawboom, I'm having the exactly opposite setup. Don Lothario (actually Goth, now) keeps coming up to her and slapping her around for sleeping with Cassandra. She's thrown some low level spells at him, but next time it's Tabula Rasa, I swear.

I've found that the Good Witch and the Evil Witch pretty much act the same. Sheridan's friends with both of them and she's Infallibly Good. No hostility at all. The only thing they autonomously do is muck up the Lot (Evil) or make it pretty when they arrive. Mary-Sue mucks up her Lot and Lilith Pleasant goes nuts, stamping out all the cockroaches! But that's about it.
One spell that I miss: my witches can instantly teleport a Sim to their Lot, anytime, no matter what the Sim is doing. Nice, but it'd be nicer if they could then teleport the Sim away when they're done with them. Or maybe enslave them. Or turn them into a womrat.
Drawboom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:25 am »

Supposedly there is a spell for 'porting Sims away. I can't remeber where I read that though, so I could be on drugs...I mean I could be wrong.
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 11:19:33 am »

The spell exists.
It is Neutral and called Expello Simae (Banish Sim).

Good targets would be mean (fight starters) sims, evil witches, and other such annoyances on owned commercial lots.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:24:01 am by Michele » Logged
Scavado

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 10:39:52 am »

I was. They should of regenerated Makin' Magic. That game pwned, the best one of the lot...
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 08:40:03 am »

Quote from: Michele;1412800
The spell exists.
Good targets would be mean (fight starters) sims, evil witches, and other such annoyances on owned commercial lots.

Those might be “good targets” but it all depends on how you play, I kinda like the drama of the grumpy sims starting random fights. And when I’m playing my evil witch I banish the good witch Tongue

On another note, I still haven’t found downloads for new spells even though many people have been requesting them. When and if I do find some I’ll post them here. Squinge has released a handful of good mods for witches though that are worth checking out.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:30:09 pm by cuddles » Logged

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
ravenathena711

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 09:07:54 am »

i wanted a real witches duel just like in sims 1.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 01:18:39 am »

How do u get witches, other then finding one?

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Alexavbriana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 09:57:58 am »

Makin' Magic was my favorite of the lot.  I didn't even know there would be witches in Apartment Life until I loaded and looked at Belladonna Cove.  I have yet to turn any of my sims into witches, the name thing is off-putting.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood...blood screaming inside you to work its will.  I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Lovers Walk"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: