Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:59:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsavory Charletan mod  (Read 9078 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rickzoe

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:29:25 pm »

in my game i've renamed the 3 Charletans and have married one of them to a playable sim and moved him in.  when they go on vacation or go downtown, the cops are called and he gets arrested.  

then i use the insimenator to restore the family and he comes back.

what i'd like to request is a mod that gives the player an option to choose whether or not the cops are called...something like the 'would you like to bring home a classmate/workmate : click yes or no' type of mod.

i like my Unsavory Joe Charletan sim.  he's funny with his antics and he's got such a cute family.  please help me keep the family together.:forwardr:
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:11:09 pm »

hi again.

so, i've been playing my Charlatan family again, and Unsavory Joe has been picked up by the cops...again.  i thought i could live, er play with that family and deal with him being arrested.  but, i can't.  the family went downtown and Unsavory Joe was arrested at the family's favorite restaurant.  how embarrassing.

is it possible to make a mod that gives options if the cops (and also the fire dept...) comes?  

sorry to re ask.

ps.  i see that Squinge made a mod that keeps the Charlatans from appearing, but i'd like them to stay, even if they aren't fully playable...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:13:15 pm by rickzoe » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »

The Charlatan isn't meant to be a playable sim so if I make this mod it may mess up the normal Charlatan.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 05:01:44 pm »

oh.  well, i personally wouldn't mind because i don't like the normal Charlatan's role, at all.  he should be counted as a full sim, not 3/5 of a sim.  

where's the equality?  

what i like is his fidgety hands and his Charlatan movements.

but, if you think it's possible and not totally unworthwhile, i'd love it.
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 02:40:26 am »

actually, Squinge, if you think it's a bad idea to mess with the Charlatan character, then i will, of course, defer to you--you know the workings of the game more than i. :smile:

but if a mod could be made instead to ask whether or not it's ok if the police come or not, i'd be happy.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:44:51 pm »

This reminds me of a mod by Pescado to prevent Social Workers from coming to take the child(ren) away if something happened to them or their families to alert the Social Workers.

Is it possible that a mod would be made for him to keep the cops from showing up on community lots? I would think that this may be possible. If not, then I'm sure something else will be done.

There are mods by Squinge, Pescado and Twojeffs called Visitor Controllers. You could at least specify what Sims you want on the lots and when/how often you want them to show up. Maybe you could try and see if you can keep cops from showing up on these lots for Charlatans to visit.

I would say... If Maxis meant for Charlatans NOT to be married into families, they would not be clickable to interact (like Mrs. Crumplebottom for example). But we all know what Maxis can do.... *shifty eyes*

Just a couple suggestions to look into and see if we can find a way to resolve the problem.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 03:33:11 pm »

i didn't try it on downtown lots.  on vacation lots the cops came, but i think i had put the insimenator on the lot and reenabled the buy/build to delete the cops and cop car.  i'll try your suggestions today, Chaavik, and redo sending Unsavory Joe to a vacation lot with his family.

i have twojeffs VC and non of the options kept the police from coming, but i may have over looked an option--i'll try again. i'm off to look for Squinge's and Pescado's VC.

thanks, again.
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 10:05:48 pm »

for the past couple of days i've been working with TJ's Visitor Controller.  in some instance, the police don't come and others they do.  for example, setting the VC to 'Allow All' kept police from arresting Unsavory Joe from Vacation lots.  good thing.  he was vacationing with his family and it would have been horrible.

but he still gets  picked up on Downtown lots.  i'm going to keep trying.

but i have to say, i like the idea of an option because sometimes, Unsavory Joe needs to just be taken away in cuffs--like when he's annoying the heck out of his house guests and steals from them.  he has no manners.  and i just like using Squinge's mods.

can't find the mod by Squinge or the one from Pescado, though.  did searches and no dice.  would anyone know the links to them?

yeah, Maxis IS shifty, lol.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 01:29:13 pm »

I have been looking at the code & I don't see where it's calling the cops. I have made him selectable but the cops don't get called for me.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 02:26:41 pm »

I'm wondering if the Unsavory Charlatan turns into a regular Sim once married or moved into a normal house? I do know that these special NPCs have templates of their own to be have a certain way on community lots in the downtown and vacation 'hoods.

One other thing to ask though. Did you make them selectable or did you ask them to move into the house when they visit for 3 days? I didn't think the Charlatans can be befriended.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 03:12:46 pm »

I just made him selectable & controlled him for a bit. He isn't meant to be a playable sim & I didn't see anything in the NPC template to make the cops get called.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:16 pm »

Are they the same as Burglars? I do know those get the cops' attention very quickly.

The only way for him to get arrested probably means having him steal from a Sim on a lot, and when that happens, the cops get called.

I never tried having a Charlatan in a normal house, nor have I thought about having one in a family like this.

Dancing Squirrels
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 04:50:47 pm »

I'm curious... did you want the Unsavory charletan for the character he plays or just the look?

It almost plays along with the character that he gets arrested a lot, although it would be nice if the actual character would be arrested more. Smiley

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:01 pm »

warning--some of this is written in past tense and some is while i'm playing...

when i moved in the Charlatan he became selectable.  but i can't direct other sims to interact with him and i can't click on him (while he's selectable) and get options.  but when he's selectable i can direct him to interact with other sims.  

from my experience with Unsavory Joe, he kind of turned into a regular sim when he moved in with Amy.  sometimes he would do his toe rocking thing and his charlatan laugh and mustache thing.  and he would leave the home.  when he did this i would use the insimenator and restore the family.    

(BUT if i move the family off of their lot in the Neighborhood screen and move them into a new  house, Unsavory Joe appears on the new lot in his charlatan outfit and does his routine. he eventually will leave the lot.  As soon as the family moves on some residential lots, the police will immediately come and arrest him. THIS is what i can't stand.  i'd really like to decide.)

this afternoon i took him and his family to vacation lots.  on the lots i spawn the VC and no cops come.  tonight i've been taking them to downtown lots.  the cops come when they arrive on the community lot.  but i quickly spawn the VC (i have to select the wife to do this) and the cops walk around, get in the squad car, and leave.  the charlatan does his pacing thing until i direct him to do stuff.

sometimes i can go to a community lot and the cops don't come--even without spawning the VC.  and other times they do come, and i spawn the VC and they leave.  i'm not sure what determines this.  

but something interesting i've noticed is he'll want to 'greet' someone, but doesn't always end up robbing them.  it's like having a family has resocialized him and he changes his mind to rob others.  but this isn't all the time, he just stole from Dora Ottomas.  and now he just walked of the community lot, his wife stays on the lot.  (he eventually walks off of all community lots.)

if i take her to another community lot, he doesn't reappear.  but if i take her home, he gets out of the car with her as if he never was arrested (he does have a memory of being arrested, though.)

at home he's normal, he goes to his Prep Cook job in the morning, comes home and does family stuff.

Odessa--i like the character that he plays and like that he retains some of his manners even while in a family.  he doesn't behave charlatan like at home, but when he's out, he's a bad sim.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 06:52:09 pm by rickzoe » Logged
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 06:57:31 pm »

well, i just moved the family out of their house, then back in.  Unsavory Joe was immediately arrested.  i restored the family, and he was arrested again.  i did this 2 more times and each time arrested.  

then with the VC i selected 'Allow All' and he was still arrested.

i honestly don't know how i got him to stay in the house and why he acted normally at home, let alone taking him and his family on vacation.  

the cops keep taking him away.  holy cow.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: