Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:40:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing meshes? (added screenshot)  (Read 2469 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NatalieAE2001

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:40:23 pm »

So I recently did a clean install of my game, including the ton of EPs I had. Then I went "shopping" for medieval themed objects and clothing, because I really wanted some medieval simmies. I spent about 2 days on that. I was *sure* I downloaded all necessary meshes when I shopped.

Now I have lots of clothes showing up in the Buy option but when I click on them, the sims body disappears on quite a few. All the ones that my sims body disappears on have the same picture in the catalog, but I know I didn't download the same outfit eleventy-billion times. This seems to be a missing mesh problem? Am I right? If so, how do I determine what meshes I am missing without having to delete all my downloads and start over?

If I am not right, what else might the problem be? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:58:09 pm by NatalieAE2001 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:53 pm »

When you're in CAS, you can always mouse over the files to see if there's any tool tips that the creator may have left as a clue of who made what.  I'm sure if you search around for whatever comes up, you may find out which outfit meshes you may need.  Wink

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:57:59 am »

When the default maxis clothing is popping up on outfits it means you are missing the mesh.
It is possible that all those outfits are all based on that one mesh and will be fixed the moment you manage to find the mesh and install it again.

Tenshii is right about the Cas comments but i recommend you do this with hidden outfits cheat on as it gives you more info.

No longer active
NatalieAE2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 12:57:31 pm »

Could you please explain the hidden outfits cheat? I haven't heard of it or used it before.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm getting in the CAS screen. I wasn't able to get any information at all from it.

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 02:51:45 pm »

Quote from: NatalieAE2001;1386772
Could you please explain the hidden outfits cheat? I haven't heard of it or used it before.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm getting in the CAS screen. I wasn't able to get any information at all from it.

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true

Then use Shift-N before creating a Sim to show hidden outfits.

Shift-M will hide them again.

Be sure to turn off the cheat when finished:

boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: