Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:06:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Killing off the kids...  (Read 4462 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NatalieAE2001

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:15:25 pm »

Before you think I'm twisted, let me explain.

I'm creating a medieval story, and in medieval times, child and infant deaths were common. I'd like to kill off a kid or two for the appropriate tragedy level. I don't want the death to be prolonged or anything, and the social worker showing up would really ruin the story. How can I have a quick, painless child death?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:24:49 pm »

Hide them, then pretend they're dead?  You don't necessarily need to kill your sims just to make the dead in your story... just make the illusion in the pictures, and that's convincing enough, right?  Wink

Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:35:15 pm »

or use the insimenator and kill them off...

NatalieAE2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:37:47 pm »

If I hide them, I won't be able to get the mother to mourn. Or will a fake tombstone do the trick?

Will a tombstone be generated with the insiminator?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:40:07 pm »

Decogals hack can make her "mourn"

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:23 pm »

Trust me, really killing them isn't a good idea. You never know when you might need them for a flashback.

There's a fake tombstone on MTS2 that'll let you assign any ghost to it, and there are loads of other decorative ones out there too. If you're telling a story you'll need loads of posing hacks - you can do all sorts of mourning with those Wink

No requests please
NatalieAE2001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:48:07 pm »

Great, thanks! I didn't really WANT to kill them... I've never been one to kill my sims for fun. As a mom of a 5 month old myself, even killing sim babies makes my skin crawl.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:32 am »

i never kill off characters inside the game (even Anna from Anna's diary is still living...). You never know when you need them for a flashback - and with pose hacks you can make it look like yhey're mourning. Besides - te social worker easily turns annoying, and you often end up with simmies constantly mourning when they're supposed to do something else.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
gali

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:27:36 am »

Quote from: NatalieAE2001;1386083
Great, thanks! I didn't really WANT to kill them... I've never been one to kill my sims for fun. As a mom of a 5 month old myself, even killing sim babies makes my skin crawl.

He, you can't kill a baby - the game won't let you do it...Smiley. You'll get one or two warnings, and then it will be taken by the social worker. "God" (the simulator) always save the babies. Smiley
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:22:19 pm »

Hmm...Doesn't Eric's section here have a hack for family ghost?  You assign a tombstone to whoever you want and they take on ghost characteristics?
Not sure it would work for babies tho.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
kfhbabk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:09:40 am »

Why "pretend"? As to me, I like realism in everything and in the Middle Ages  children died very often. I play with medieval sims several years and I didn`t have any problems with the death of kids. You can easily send some children and toddlers to Heaven with Insimenator. For children you can choose the option "Life State Adjustor", then "Suicide", then the type of death from menu (from disease, for example, is quite realistic). For toddlers: "Life State Adjustor", "Set Ghost Flag", then "Is a ghost", then you choose your toddler icon in window and toddler will simply disappear. In both cases all family members will have appropriate memory and will mourn. I also use Anti Social Worker hack, it`s really good idea for medieval and not medieval neibourhood, especially, when child`s parents dies and his(hers) grandma(pa) lives next door (it`s so silly, when the child have a lot of relatives in the neibourhood and social worker puts him (her) to an orphanage).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: