Insimenator.org
April 17, 2024, 11:16:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Snow?  (Read 4637 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
purplepetal

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:46 pm »

Ok, I know this is supposed to freetime help, but can anyone tell me why the snow on my lot keeps flashing blue.  I can see the snow is ok on neighbouring lots when I'm playing a lot.  Any ideas why and how to fix it.  It's not a hack or custom content as i recently scrubbed the whole thing from my computer and started afresh and it still did it with nothing in it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I just love snow and want to make a winterwonderland.:smt120
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:38:35 am »

Have you tried using MATY's lot debugger? That has an option to fix flashing blue things, as well as a host of other problems. It can be found at

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com

I'm not sure of the exact link, but if you root around for the lot debugger it's there somewhere. Just pop it into your downloads folder, run the game, and buy one for each of your lots.

Hope this helps!
purplepetal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 04:09:40 am »

The debugger sounds good, but alas, I've been searching through the site but can't seem to find it.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 12:23:39 pm »

From the link in rachel's post, you can get the debugger by going to the "free" area, click on "ffs", then select whichever link is your highest EP, and search under "hacks" to find the ffsdebugger.zip file.  Wink

(...or you can go here)

purplepetal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 04:17:18 pm »

The snow on my lot flashes blue and there is a big blue block hanging around the cursor.  I can't seem to find any info on this, am I the only person this happens to?  I've tried with no custom content in my game so it's not that that causes it.  I've tried maty's debugger, but that didn't help either.  I've tried 2 diff graphics cards.  I love snow and this really bugs the h*** out of me.  On a diff note, I used to have a hack for the mailbox that said 'make friends for me' and 'make me know everyone' amongst other things.  when i did the patch for freetime it got scrubbed and i can't remember where i got it.  any help would immediately put you in one of my top hero top spots.  Thank you. xxx
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 04:22:45 pm »

Please, please, please, please answer me this question.

Didn't you ask the same thing yesterday about the snow?

I remember seeing it.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 06:04:53 pm »

Threads merged.

Please try to resist the urge to make duplicate threads pertaining to the same exact problem.  Wink  If you have an update related to the very same issue of your first thread, make sure you update the first thread instead before making a new one.

Are you absolutely sure you have no other hacks within any of your Sims 2 folders?  It sounds to me like you have the exact same problem I had... which happened to be that of a pond water replacement mod that became severely outdated as soon as Seasons was installed.  It was made by Targa over at MTS2.  You might want to check your game for any of those particular files.  :angel:

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:07 am »

Try turning shaders off.

boolprop useshaders false

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 05:56:31 am »

It can also be a problem with your video card, that it isn't strong enough. You may have to live without snow.

Try taking all your CC out, create a new hood, with just one new house, set the seasons to all round winter so that you get snow quicly, and see what happens. If it is still flashing blue, it's probably your video card. What card are you using?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: