Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 01:54:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What am I doing wrong ?  (Read 3649 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:40:07 pm »

I built an apartment lot, (well, a normal lot, then changed it to an apartment lot) and I used the proper doors to rent the rooms but when I moved my sim in, before she even had the chance to rent the room, half the stuff I put in the rooms were gone, like the rooms were rented themselves ....

Do you have to use specific doors to rooms inside the apartment ??

Im so confused Sad

ALSO I keep getting a pop-up, about every half-an-hour Sim time, saying there was an error with the Age Controller but I have searched my downloads and I have no such thing installed, but I have recently installed the Apartment Life Insim and I had no problem before :S

Any ideas about this too ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:57:07 pm by xx.Abi.xx » Logged

She reminded me of what it did to her when I left — what it still does to her when I leave. She feels horrible about bringing that up, but she’s right. I’ll never be able to make up for that, but I’ll never stop trying anyway.

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:57:54 pm »

you can't rent a furnished room without cheats

the info in this link should help
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Building_an_Apartment#Renting_Furnished

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:04:35 pm »

Quote from: megativity13;1386852
you can't rent a furnished room without cheats

the info in this link should help
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Building_an_Apartment#Renting_Furnished

Thanks for that Smiley I downloaded a mod that enabled these options on the door and didnt even think to press rent the furnished apartment Smiley

She reminded me of what it did to her when I left — what it still does to her when I leave. She feels horrible about bringing that up, but she’s right. I’ll never be able to make up for that, but I’ll never stop trying anyway.

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:54:14 pm »

Quote from: xx.Abi.xx;1386821
ALSO I keep getting a pop-up, about every half-an-hour Sim time, saying there was an error with the Age Controller but I have searched my downloads and I have no such thing installed, but I have recently installed the Apartment Life Insim and I had no problem before :S

Any ideas about this too ?

Anyone any ideas about this Huh?

Im still getting Sad

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:32:02 am »

I recommend hitting the delete button on such an error. I have seen them before, and in other EPs prior to this one.

Usually it would show for me when loading the lot though, after an EP installation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:34:23 am by Michele » Logged
xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:46:19 pm »

Quote from: Michele;1388006
I recommend hitting the delete button on such an error. I have seen them before, and in other EPs prior to this one.

Usually it would show for me when loading the lot though, after an EP installation.

Thanks for the advice, but I tried this earlier and it's still coming up Sad It's very annoying as I play my game on the medium speed Smiley

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 01:37:56 pm »

If you can find and post the error log that the pop-up mentions, someone might be able to check through that and offer you a possibility of what hack/object could be causing it.  Wink

xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 12:21:31 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1392533
If you can find and post the error log that the pop-up mentions, someone might be able to check through that and offer you a possibility of what hack/object could be causing it.  Wink

Error log ? I'll look now ....

dum dum dum .... di dum dum do dum ....

Got it, attached ..

* ObjectError_F001_t7200.txt (104.76 KB - downloaded 126 times.)

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 12:29:51 pm »

Do you have another one that's a little more recent?  You can get to it by organizing your Logs folder by Date Modified.  The one you have attached at the moment says July 26th of this year.  :angel:

xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 12:32:14 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1395157
Do you have another one that's a little more recent?  You can get to it by organizing your Logs folder by Date Modified.  The one you have attached at the moment says July 26th of this year.  :angel:

Thats exactly what I did and Im doing it now, and the file was last modified September 23rd.... which was the last time I played .... thats weird !

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 01:14:51 pm »

Odd. :shock:  Wonder why it says that in the file, then... usually the file itself has the same date as the date modified. :scratch:  Might have to add in the detail "Date Created" just in case.  (You can go in and add that arranging feature by using the "Choose Details" option under "View" in Windows Explorer.)  

Eh, anyways, if you have any sort of hack in your game, try moving them out of your Downloads folder and see what happens.  Most likely it's a hack that deals with aging.  Wink

If the error still persists, I'd suggest making a test neighborhood and lot,  moving your downloaded custom content to a safe folder outside of your Sims 2 folders, and try the game without content to see if the error goes away.  If it does, you can gradually test small groups of content by playing the game each time you add them back to your Downloads folder, until you run across the error again... then narrow down the culprit group to single files until you find the particular one(s) causing the Age Controller error in your game.  It's a long, drawn-out process, especially if you have thousands of files in your folder... but it's the best way to know for sure which item causes something like this to happen.  :angel:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:17:14 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: