Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:38:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen/Adult/YA Nanny EP8  (Read 100329 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 04:17:44 pm »

There are many ways to kill off the existing nannies within the game or with SimPE. I seemed to misplace the instructions for killing off the nannies using SimPE. The thread doesn't appear to be complete, but I will add the instructions later.

As for killing off the nannies in the game using different ways, you need to hire each existing nanny to come over and kill each one off. You can set them on fire, drown them, use Pescado's Batman to smite them. Lots of different things to do. Whatever means you use to kill them off.

Are any of these nannies smarter than the existing ones? No, they use the same nanny template as the existing ones did. They do their nanny jobs and leave just like the old ones did. If you want better logic in childcare, try Pescado's Automated Baby Controller along with the Nanny Lobotomy feature on the same mod to make sure they do their jobs appropriately. But to make this more effective, you will still want to kill off the existing nannies after you install Pescado's Automated Baby Controller mod (if you choose to) and get new ones the way you want them to be.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
fimasobak

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 04:58:41 am »

Thank you very much, squinge
Xilenita

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 09:57:27 pm »

Cool, thanks cool
Hummel 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »

Wonderful!! Thanks!!
siberiansunset

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 05:23:39 pm »

This is the awesomeness! Thanks!
silverleaf007

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:24 am »

ThANK YOU
danigantt

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 01:50:56 am »

i just had to register and say thanks for this!! Fanku

i hated those nannies (always peeing on themselves.. rolleyes) i tried changing the nannies myself with simpe... and it was so much trouble.. and at the end of the day, the nanny wouldn't leave and the nanny car kept pulling up to the house every 10 seconds.

this worked perfectly! (and i only have university & seasons!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2009, 05:03:25 am »

Quote from: Dizi;1389297
could I in this way end up with a nanny of each life stage?
Yes you could do that Smiley

Quote from: Eimz08;1389564
how do you kill the nannys
Drown them in the pool, feed them to the cow plant, ect.

If I wanted all three ages like the above poster suggests am I deleting each version of the mod after the first generation/arrival?  i.e., am I ending up with the last version of the mod that I install still in the file or am I keeping(restoring to the folder) all 3 versions of the mod after the individual nannies (one of each age) have been created successfully?

I hope I didn't put that in a confusing manner.

Thanks so much for all of your mods Squinge.

Sims by Dasi:

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2009, 01:05:10 pm »

You can't have all three mods installed. You have to choose which one you want: teen, young adult or adult.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
smacart

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »

Thanks Squinge. 

And killing off the old nannies, hmm.... I think I can come up with a few good ways to do that.  Cheesy

I'm not 18, silly insimenator.
ajy0903

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2010, 03:25:39 am »

I wish we can use all three age of nanny at the same time.....
Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:37 am »

If only this made the nanny less ADD/stupid...  tongue
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 04:16:33 am »

In a word, lobonanny.

A nanny created after lobonanny has been installed will sit quietly on the couch watching the Yummy Channel until the kids ask for something or the Baby Controller forces her to do something.

The Baby Controller doesn't like custom content (or even the newer Maxis baby items), so I only use it in houses with infants.  My toddlers are pretty self sufficient and will ask for food, clean diapers, etc.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 04:23:21 am »

Hehe, thanks for pointing me to that hack, which I wasn't even aware of.  *goes to kill off her stupid nannies*  Evil

Edit: Since I'm currently playing Strangetown, I thought who better to kill them off than Olive Specter? *mwahahaha*
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:50:25 am by Amalia81 » Logged
clouded_memory

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 12:39:24 am »

Hello,

Previously, I was having some problems with my nannies freezing and having to constantly reset them or force errors to get them to work properly. Now, I am having some trouble uninstalling this mod. I deleted the .package file from my downloads folder. But now, whenever I try to hire a nanny, I cannot get a normal elder nanny, as before. The nanny van arrives at my lot and becomes stuck there, with the YA nanny sitting in the front seat. I looked through the zip folder for instructions on how to uninstall, but I don't see any there. Could you please instruct me how to safely uninstall this mod?

Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: